When you make the LOC Fall Derby Post here. Please

Fished out of Fair Haven today and at 8:30am, we boated the curent 4th place king at 26.04. We had found a small pod of fish that we were working and after a skip and (2) ten pounders, the port side dipsy rod took of screaming. 20 minutes later we slid the net under this slob. It hit a green spin doc pulling a destroyah sushi fly out 360 on a 1.5 setting. It pulled our scales to 28.5 lbs on the boat, but we all know that won't hold up on the board, so we continued to fish until 11am, when we decided to run it in since our bite had temperarily died.

262lbKing-8-19-11.jpg

We caught this guy on Saturday 8/20 around 8am. On the boat he weighed around 27... we fished til 2, then weighed it in just for kicks. 25.15 on the scale at Mitchells. Dropped off the board from 18th as soon as the scales opened on Sunday.

Skamaniac26King.jpg

It hit a white e-chip and blue hammer A-tom-mik out 295 on a 2.5 on the wire in 150 FOW west of Braddocks almost to the lighthouse.

Good luck to all!

JAM

Fished off Rochester Friday morning and caught a 12.2 lb brown trout. It was my first derby fishing trip ever with my wife. I finally convinced her to fish with me in the derby.

We fished for about 2 hours and took 5 brown trout. The 12.2 lb was the first fish taken on an NK Frog after trolling for about 20 minutes. It was a nice way to start the derby. :) It's currently in 11th place and probably will not last on the board.

We also fished on Saturday for 3 hours and caught 2 kings and 2 browns.

Sunday fishing inside went very well. We went 10 for 16 with 7 browns and 3 bows. NK 42nd spoon and frog worked well. My down speed and temp unit is not worknig so things were slightly uncomforable but worked out ok.

2011_August_24_020.jpg

We had a donated charter for a 16 year old diagnosed with cancer. Great trip with a lot of fish caught. The father caught this 27.12 king on a yellow die hard 85 ft down over 110 f.o.w. Started in 4th on Saturday, still hanging on in 20th this am. They know it is not going to last but they had a blast. Too bad he would not let his son reel it in!!!

regans.jpg

I caught a 31lbs 4oz Wild Salmon (that means it was not stocked). It took me over 90 mins. to get her in. I have RA, AS and IBS, I will never give up salmon fishing as long as I am able. A friend and my husband had to help me hold it up for the picture as I am to weak to.

DSCF0783.jpg

Fished with my wife on 8/27 from 12 noon - 3pm and we caught 15 lake trout. Two of them made the derby board and are currently in 13th and 15th place.

This was my third trip fishing with her in the derby and we got on the board 2 out of 3 trips. I think she needs to go more often. :)

2011_August_Fish_065.jpg

FISHED ABOARD THE ROD BUSTER OUT OF OAK ORCHARD 8-27-11 THE TEAM IS (ME) BOB KELLY , (CAPTAIN) TED KELCHNER, DICK STRANGE ,CHRIS SMITH WE TOOK QUIK LOOK INSIDE DECIDED TO GO OFF SHORE BOATED MIX OF TEENAGER KINGS SOME 6-9 LB STEELIES HAD A DECENT STEELIE ON GOT OFF PUT NK GET R DUN DOWN 45 10' BEHIND BALL AT 2:30 THIS 18LB 7OZ STEELIE HIT.I HAD THE ROD IT NEVER SURFACED IT STAYED 15" DOWN SO DURING THE WHOLE FIGHT I THOUGHT WE HAD ANOTHER TEENAGE KING TIL IT GOT TO THE BOAT. SLIGHTLY NERVOUS TIL DICK SCOOPED HER UP LIKE A CHAMP.MORE AND BETTER PICS COMING SOON GOOD LUCK TO ALL.CURRENTLY 1ST PLACE STEALHEAD

Copy_of_stealhead.jpg

Copy_of_scale.jpg

steelie_1.jpg

steelie_2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

8/17/13 - Fair Haven - Started straight out this morning in 200 found temp actually came up about 10 feet from yesterday about 150 down. Worked 2 riggers 3 divers and 600 copper. Fish were stacked between 120-200 down. Took 24 pound king off 600 copper 26 pound off 180 rigger 12 pound off 390 diver. Headed north to 400 FOW when screen went blank. 520 wire diver pulling Carmel dolphin Hypnotist fly started screaming. Finally stopped at 920 and fought fish to 600 before he made another run back to 900. 50 minutes later 32.06 lbs good for 4th (right now) in the LOC

post-144505-0-61672700-1376918883_thumb.jpg

Got out with Jim Mehegan (1fish2fish) today out of Sodus. We started a ways west towards Hughes/P-ville area and boated many kings, but nothing larger than about 12 lbs, so we headed out deeper to our honey hole from the salmon Slam event to see what was in that area. As soon as we got there the port side deep diver pulling a purple/white spin doc with blue Atommik Fly gets wailed on and Jim's on the rod. It hit the surface thrashing and then took a nice leap into the air. We initially thought it was a mid-teens king, but when it came up behind the boat the spotted tail and white jaw became evident and we knew we had a LOC Steely on! Soon thereafter we slid the net under a beautiful steelhead. We then pulled lines and headed to Davenport's where it weighed in at 14.4 lbs - tied to the current 1st and 2nd place steelhead. One ounce shy of first, but we'll take it!

post-139632-0-46293600-1376958400_thumb.jpg

Edited by Finders Keepers

Weighed in a 32 lb 5 oz today at woodys. Currently 12th and the fish of the day.125' of water off of sandy pond on a mag dipsy number 2 out 250. Flasher fly.

Snowfool, Great catch! Any idea of down temp?

Snowfool, Great catch! Any idea of down temp?

Thanks. Our first fish that morning was 29lb 4oz on the scales. Made the mistake and ran in and was at woodys at 730 to weigh and didn't know scales didn't open till 9. OOOOPS! Went back out and caught two and dropped two more and called it a morning for the second time at 10:30 to weigh. Fish weighed the same at both times on our scales so I don't think we lost any weight. Temp seemed to be moving cause of the winds that day but it was upper 50's/low 60's down around 90 that day. Of course that was on our riggers and at 2.5 mph or so. Your equipment may vary.