Black Biting Flies while trolling on Lake Ontario

I remember a thread on how to keep them black flies away while on the water, but I never really read it, what were some suggestions on what to use, I am sick of being eaten

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tom

post-139663-0-94763300-1372028686_thumb.jpg

Edited by A-TOM-MIK

I remember a thread on how to keep them black flies away while on the water, but I never really read it, what were some suggestions on what to use, I am sick of my team mates whining

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tom

Tell them to cover their gut!!!

Edited by rolmops

Ultra Shield. It is mainly used for horses and is sold at most farm and garden stores. I have roll on bottles and cover my lower legs with it. Works like a charm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

So if I lather myself in dish soap that works? Awesome....can't wait to try it tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app....Doug

Yup green Dawn works the best you'll see!!! :)

Hey Gokudl use Dawn that way if you fall into an oil slick you'll be OK too (they use it on oil soaked animals and birds) :lol:

Haha....thanks! I'm just wear pantyhose!!!LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app....Doug

Imagine what the coast guard will say about that when they spotlight you next time... 

Nothing works except clothing. Most of the problem is on legs, especially ankles through socks. Buy some very thin, nylon trousers and hem them extra long so they bunch over your ankles when sitting. You will not ever get bitten again on your legs and ankles. The thin pants are cooler than most shorts because the material is very light and airy in the waist/crotch area. When it gets hot, spray them with water and they will quickly evaporate and cool you. I found an inexpensive pair at Cabela's and have also seen the same thing from Sims but, for more money. A buddy tried hospital scrubs this weekend and they were effective but, not as cool in the heat. There are also shirts made from similar materiel if you seem to have fly issues above the waist. I've not needed the shirt myself.

The pants are 100% effective if you hem them long. They are not the best looking coothing but those that are important to you won't notice and those that might notice are not important (plus, they will be looking at the blood and scales an your cloths anyway).