Goose Bay Perch

Kevin J Legg

Put in a day at Goose Bay and ended up filling a cooler with nice perch. There was a stiff NW wind and not many people were out in boats. A bunch of people were fishing the shore at Kring's. They are working on the launch at Kring's and it was not open for launching today.

post-144887-0-09589400-1398379674_thumb.jpg

WTG Kevin! I'm hoping to get out here on Canandaigua tomorrow morning after them. We had trouble finding them on Monday afternoon until about an hour before we quit. Hopefully they will be somewhere nearby this time out....time to load up on them before they move out deeper :)

Good job Kevin.  I am waiting for the stars to align.  Been having trouble with wind and availability all year.  I may be going without (perch) this year.  This weekend doesn't look too bad but I am already committed to doing the junior hunt with my Godson.  The way it has been all year. 

Joe

Went to 3 mile bay fished for about4.5 hrs ended up with 3/4 pail perch. Thought about Krings but thought i would try someting different wind was pretty brutal most of the time.Water temp was about 42 when i got there and about 46 when i left.Kevin do you think it is about over. Talked to a few guys when i got done they thought this might be the last of it, hard to tell with such a screwed up year.Way to go on the 50. The lady at Chaumont Hardware said prech had been hitting 3 mile bay since last week and just started in chaumont.

Edited by mhtrapper

Not sure how much longer it will last.95% of females are spawned out. I'm hitting the lake for browns this morning and with turkey and walleye season opening latter in the week I will be switching gears soon. Also will probably try to hit some crappies.