cabelas buffalo

Can't wait... I am hoping they carry a lot of trolling stuff seeing as they are so close to Erie and Ontario!  That means I can do my walleye and salmon shopping in one place.  My wife will not be happy.  

If you guys haven't already start racking up those Cabela's bucks!

should have been a more central location

Where are you located? The only shops we have in the Buffalo area are Dicks and Gander. We all know the selection they have nowadays. I'm really hoping that Cabelas will cater to our needs.

Cabelas is like goin to heaven if you troll lady O. The stores in ct, me are geared to saltwater. I have picked up a lot of things i never would have found elsewhere. Best example is owners swivels. We have all our dreamwevers(came with docs) in a box. Know how they lock up some times. The owners have an extra ring so that doesnt happen. You know owners. A-tom-mik uses their hooks. The new store is fifteen minutes from my house. I cant wait!!

I hope they carry blood run, atommik, fingerlakes tackle and others alike!

I would love to see one of the larger conglomerates carrying stuff from these guys.

Chas, don't get your hopes up with them carrying local made stuff. My wife's uncle works in the cabelas at Hamburg PA. We thought the same when they came to PA. Hell they don't even have half the stuff that's in the catalog. I was disappointed twice I went down for Spro swivels as they are the only ones close to here that even know what Spro even is, I went down for Mack's smile blades natta, they have there own agenda, I thought they would carry Blood run, nope. Richard works in the gun dept. and he said they are also feeling the economic impact, and are cutting back on what they carry, at least in this one. Also Cabelas is not cheap, they just have everything, supposably. They only carry a small amount of Michigan Stinger spoons and only a hand full of flashers and spin doc. Pro Troll is the only brand they carry. I hope for your sake its different, but I can go to the mom & pop shops and get the same stuff at the same price and sometimes cheaper. Hell I bet Fat Nancy has more in her store than the whole fishing depot. At Cabelas in Hamburg. Pa. At least with what we are interested in, trolling lakeO, if your into rubber worms and bass fishing maybe it's a different story. Edited by pap

Ya I hit the PA store on my way back when I stayed down there for the outdoor show.  I noticed they didn't have squat for salmon/trout.  I was thinking it was because of their proximity to any real trolling.  I don't know if there is a lot of trout and salmon lakes in that area but it would seem like they carry whatever is big in that area.  The hunting department took up easily half of the store (not a bad thing).

I truck all over. I frequently stop at 3 stores in Wisconsin, Illinois (bass pro) ... and Indiana. Cabella has great 18 wheelers parking lot! Bass pro..not so much but a few do..Lincoln Nebraska. .but anyway, you would think that some of the best of trolling gear on the great lakes would be in the stores near lake Michigan. ..not much!

I do rate cabelas signature 2 stroke oil highly for quality and price. I also like the outdoors cooking camping dept. I always come out with smoking wood and spices, rubs, brine mixes and gallon jugs of 2 cycle oil at $17 or less on sales!

They are good for a variety of intrests but...you want special trolling stuff, stick to your local shops, Nancy, Narby, Captain Cove, Slippery Sinker etc. Places of that nature.

Mark

cent frum my notso smart fone

Nobody has everything. Cabelas in pa. Has down riggers set up and in stock. Cannons,scottys and big johns . Reels that we use for all apps. Penn, okuma, shimanno. Many of the posts above sound like bass pro, they are worthless. The stores in me. And ct. Are heavily stocked with salt water products. All the cabelas stores have giant fly fishing sections. Not everything is cheap, but there are deals. I dont own any stock. I am sick of dicks (thats what she said), gander and bass pro. They are useless. Go to one of those with a list. You will be lucky to find one item. It costs me three to five hours everytime i go to cabelas. I cant leave.

I love local shops that basically live big lake fishing. The narbys, warrens, all seasons, fat Nancy's and everywhere in between. Cabelas is good for some stuff but your never going to find the selection you will at these other places. Also in my experience their cheaper! Atommik fly. $9.99 gander, $8 bass pro. $7.49 local. But let's be honest Gander is ridiculous in their pricing.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI Cabelas is opening next week in Buffalo,I received an invitation for a before the general public opening for Aug 6th

The party is over already though I just placed an online order and was charged NYS sales tax

Bummer on the sales tax.

Are you going to go on the 6th? If so, could you report on their trolling selection?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've been buying mail order from Cabela's since the '70's. Great company and really good prices. Since they went public 10 years ago, and built very impressive stores, their prices have skyrocketed. We have a store in So. Maine and it's something to see, mostly geared to hunting and saltwater fishing and lots of clothing of all kinds, but the sales tax thing really sucks with mail orders, and their stores do not carry everything the catalog offers. At least they employ a lot of people.