Seneca 7/11

Hit the lake at 5:30 and set up just north or glenora. Ran four wires and two riggers. We took our first fish shortly after 6, nice rainbow on the 180 wire on a three setting. As soon as we got it in the net the 160 driver on a three setting took off with a beautiful lls. We would continue to hit fish for the next two hours before we had to pack it in due to prior obligations. Ended up 7 for 8 with 3 Rt, 2 lls and 2 lakers. Flt spoons in grapefruit, green alewife and a blue/green custom all took fish. Chrome green dot spinny on the 225 diver also took two lakers. Took fish from 150 to 400 fow. Another great morning on seneca.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-154473-14051292591189_thumb.jpg

post-154473-14051292900715_thumb.jpg

post-154473-14051292989734_thumb.jpg

Nice going :yes:  How was the grass down that way? A lot of it up north. That lake sure was beautiful this morning...like glass for a while. Nicereport.

Cant see much of the fish with the "shot gun" pose. No idea how big, or healthy. Strikes me as an ego pose, rather than a display of your catch. Nice looking fish though. Maybe try a different display of your catch. This ego thing is getting old! We all have good days, and we all have bad days. Have a little class! Almost feels like your shoving it down my throat.... just my opinion! Find more tasteful ways to display your catch. Nice fish, and glad to see you have a woman on your boat! Don't get any better than that!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That type reaction could shy people away from posting reports, just my opinion. My class or ego doesn't have anything to do with the photo. When the fish hit the deck with a mangled face i thought it would make for a good photo at the time. Since I believe in this site and everything it stands for I'll continue to provide reports as much as possible, hopefully I wont offend anyone else.

I don't know about offending people. Do what you please! Bang to you as well! Laker taker85. Can't even see your fish. I personally don't care how you display your fish, but just show some class, if you give a ****! Don't be a follower! Be a leader! If you can.....

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Come on Jason.. How he chooses to hold his fish is his decision that's what makes the catch appealing to him some guys like the "shark" or "shot gun" pose I think it's pretty cool my self the report is the meat and potatoes that's the part that matter and he was kind enough to put that up the pictures are just the after dinner dessert! I take pictures from every direction in the air and on the floor it's all about what's appealing to you at the time!!!!! post-147332-14055130312446_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14055131045305_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14055131490495_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14055131758687_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14055132304469_thumb.jpgpost-147332-14055133354006_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a few pictures pat. But I don't wanna shy anyone away from looking at them. Nice fish. Sometimes different ways of taking photos catches the gnarly lines of a fish.

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-145590-14055149908162_thumb.jpg

I agree about the report being the meat and potatoes of the site, (pretty cool he fishes with his girlfriend) and some of my decisions about launch sites for tourny's is based on what I see and read here, and pre fishing. However, if your going to display a catch, a nice fish at that, then display a pose that enhances the fish, not a "selfie".... I can see that on facebook all day.  When I was standing at the Oak Orchard Open, waiting to weigh in, a group of guy's from another boat was taking pics of their catch. When one of them picked up a king and did the "shot gun" pose, the crowd burst out in laughter. When I looked over at them I said "what are they laughing at", the fella next to me said "just take a look". Personally, I don't think it shows much class, and if it put a group of others into laughter, well......  enough said!  I don't agree that my comment's will some how deter others from reporting, This site is full of "opinions" one way or the other, and isn't that  what were here for?   Maybe i'm a little "old fashioned" and certainly, Iv'e been known to be "opinionated", but those are just my thoughts. Take it for what it's worth and definitely, don't be offended by it.  So in closing.....BANG.... BANG ,BANG, BANG!   My gun is now un-loaded!   Feel free to shoot back at me!  I'm big enough to take it. 

Nice report though, and congrats on fishing with your girlfriend! That to me was "class" . (just my opinion)

I have a few pictures pat. But I don't wanna shy anyone away from looking at them. Nice fish. Sometimes different ways of taking photos catches the gnarly lines of a fish.

You call that a "shot gun" pose!   GEESH I can still see the fish, better try again! 

Actually my photo was to show that a shotgun was not needed to enhance a fishes look or appearance. Nice cheap shot. I just lost a bit of respect... I was actually starting to like you and look forward to your reports.

I quit posting my reports because people harass you here if you post that you had a great day while another guy didn't. You were the bad guy for making someone feel they did something wrong. I've been tempted to delete my account but I like helping others out.

I will also state your topic lure making 101 directed some insults to other tackle companies for using spoons others are using. Who cares. Its about what they do with that blank that separates them from the rest.

I understand you have been in the industry and you're getting Jr business going again. That is great. I grew up with the product and miss some of the old lures we always had. Never should anyone come on this site with no history and start hammering on other guys for what they do or don't do.

I frown more so on fish pictures taken laying on the rocks or guys releasing fish after their fingers have been through the gills damaging them. One thing to hold behind the plate. That's why I try to avoid gilling at all possible times.

This is supposed to be a friendly site. Keep it that way.

Just bite the tongue, hold your breath and move on.

Have a nice day.

Nick

post-145590-14055184468487_thumb.jpg

Maybe we should get back to the fishing stuff instead of a new reality show. The most important point related to fishing here is the issue of how to hold fish for pics if you intend to release them afterward. I too have winced many times when I've have seen folks holding fish with their hands in the gill area and then mentioned releasing them. Fish should be supported laterally (horizontally) with a hand underneath the fish's "chin" area (not touching the gills) and another grasping the narrow area of the tail keeping it as brief as possible and then using reviving techniques in the water until the fish shows it has re-acclimated.

It wasn't my intention to create this debate when I posted the report. All the fish pictured went to the smoker, the other four were released without harm.

Edited by FishSlime9

Nick, My comment to you wasn't meant to be a "cheap shot". I felt comfortable enough with you to make a joke with you, that was all. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, and I apologize if you took it as anything other than what it was intended to be. 

I am assuming that your reference to fish on the rock's or gilling was directed at pictures iv'e posted, since they are probably the only pic's I have posted. Those fish were obviously not released and the only reason the pictures were taken. Most of our fish get released, and aside from measuring them and checking for clipped fins, they don't spend enough time on our boat for pictures. I prefer to get them back into the water as quickly as possible. That's why you won't see me post many pic's. If there gonna be eaten, my finger in its gill isn't gonna hurt it at that point, neither will the rock's. (and no, I'm not insulted by the comment)

As far as my comments regarding other companies painting blanks, and we blank, pierce logo and form all our own lures, Well I won't apologize for that. I was stating a fact, that wasn't intended to be an insult, just explaining how much effort we put into producing what we consider to be a fine product. Bobby Fuller has one of the nicest finishes going. It takes a hammer to ruin his paint job, and painting is a process a lot of companies have trouble with recently, due to the regulations passed (especially in NY) and the lean towards low VOC paints. In the last 30 yrs, I have met almost all of the major MFG'S, (with the exception of Bobby Fuller and that is on my "to do" list) and have a good relationship with them all. I intend to keep it that way. Making lures doesn't mean that  some how  we should be enemies, or that we should engage in bad mouthing one another. My comments regarding our process were just simply to explain that we take every effort to make lures for fisherman, by fisherman. Right down to every aspect of the process, including the MFG of the lure, from a roll of metal, to a completed product. If those comments were taken as an insult, they certainly were not intended to be! I would say they were simply a matter of pride, rather than an insult. 

As far as coming on the site with "no history", I'm not sure what you mean by that. I was selling lure's to Dick's, Bass Pro shop's and every other bait and tackle store from the Adirondack's, to the Finger Lakes, and Great Lakes since 1987. Who do you think sold all the lure's we made? In addition to that, I fished over 60 tournaments a year, from 1987 till I moved to Philly. Now that I live here again, and wasn't in the fishing business for some years  doesn't exactly qualify me as having "no History" around here. I'm simply just getting back to something I was always passionate about, and due to my last marriage, lost my direction for. I was fishing tournaments with Joe's dad when Joe JR was born. Iv'e been fishing for quite some time now, and "history"  is one thing I can say I have. 

I probably could have been a little more tactful about my opinion, and not come off as if I was insulting the fella, but at the time I didn't think my opinion was insulting. It was just my opinion, and that's all it was meant to be. That I will apologize for. 

Jason

Understandable Jason. My "rocks" picture was due to stream pictures of fish that are released.

Thank you for explaining yourself.

Have a good day.

Nick