Seneca 7/1614

Launched out fo Clute at 10 am went up to painted rocks just looking. Water was dirty-cloudy along east side.

Went to west side and marked fish in random pods all over. Trolled up past tiki bar and just hit a few small land locks

1 legal. pulled up and ran north to Glenora, set up at noon and went north over 70-150ft of water.

1/2 mile up had a screamer take off. Jumped out of water 3 times before it went straght out to the side and would NOT come in.

Finally netted a fat 27" rainbow!  released after in good shape. set up again and 10 minutes later hit another.

This one put on a good show, and carried my 28oz weight all over the place. Finally got him in and found he had a lampray stuck in his gills.

Lampray fell off and was released in two pieces, Bow was bleeding would not revive. boxed the 26" bow. Ran home.

down 70' over 150' with 3 leader rig.

fish came on 2nd spoon. approx, 40ft.down.

all on hammered silver&brass Sutton #21s 1.6 mph

Very few weeds, and NO fleas!

great day

Dick B.

Nice work Dick :yes:  I have good luck with those smaller Sutton's as well on the rigs and on leadcore and great you somehow escaped the weeds and fleas :lol:

Nice report , funny how things will change in one day on this lake..... that area had lots of weeds today hit a pod below Glenora that I had to pull every thing and mess with the kicker to get the weed off the prop...... also had trace fleas not a lot but they are there......