Canandaigua City Pier Bait Shop

I stopped by Captain Gray's Bait and Tackle on the Canandaigua City Pier Sunday morning.  I met Jadon and Ann Hoffman, the owner's, we talked fishing and they let my son Liam look at all the bait tanks and handle almost everything in the store.  They do have sawbellies so anybody looking for sawbellies they have them.  Perch minnows and bass minnows as well crabs, nightcrawlers, etc.  They open at 7:00 am weekdays and 6:00 am weekends.  I asked him where he gets the sawbellies.  He told me he gets them from one guy who nets them in Keuka and occasionally Seneca.  Then the bait man has to hold them for 30 days before he can sell them to the bait shop. 

Here is their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/captaingraysbaitandlakeshop

Jadon and Ann are super nice people and the bait shop has been a family business for a very long time.  Let's help support local business's and shop at Captain Gray's.

Mike makes a good point....I've known them both for years and used to live around the corner from them and they are wonderful people but the bait shop being open has always been erratic. They have a lot of "irons in the fire" They've had a variety of people working there over the years and  Jadon is usually busy with the sight seeing boat etc. I also encourage folks to do business there but if you are counting on getting bait every day real early in the AM have a back up plan too.