Skaneateles Monster Laker

Nice laker! Every once in awhile Skinny gives up one of those hogs....I think I remember years ago a 30 lb laker came out of there....they must be really old because the feed there sure isn't rich (e.g. no sawbellies etc.) or plentiful for them. :yes:

Edited by Sk8man

NNnniiiiiiiiiccee!!!! Really really awesome!!! The Fingers can hold their own with the lakers. You know. There has got to  be a handful of lakers like this in each and every one of the fingerlakes that have lakers in them. Even in Kueka....which I am sure regulars who lake trout fish there may disagree with. But, like an old forest with some huge uncut seed trees, there have got to be a few unseen in the depths there that always "get away" if hooked.....

That's a gorgeous fish !!     Ive had one hit my entire life on skaneateles that was identical to the way he described it in the article, only to have it last about 5 seconds before snapping my 10 lb test line.   There definitely out there and if you put the time in you'll get your shot at it.      I went out there Friday night and ended up working 2 Lakers to the boat that were down 60 ft between 18-20 inches... so essentially dinner for this fish.!