Where to find an 8'6" dipsy rod, or possibly 9'?

I have 2 10' ugly stik dipsy rods now and would like to at times run 2 more. I'm looking for 8' 6" dipsy rods but not finding them. I have found 9' Okuma's, but I'm concerned about tangles running a 9 and a 10 on the same side of the boat?

Just used my 8'6 Daiwa accu depth rods this weekend. They worked great with the divers. Very comfy bring fish in with them. $40 dicks or I think narbys has them too

Are you talking about the medium action ones?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cool. Im going to try out one daiwa and see how it works with the 10' I already have and 8'6" on the same side. If it's too close Ill get the shimano's. I think they are the only manufacturer offering dipsy rods that short. Thanks to you both for your input.

We ran a couple of Shimano heavy action TDR rods with our inside divers this past weekend and they were okay, but we all agreed that there seemed to be too much tension retrieving them, either clean or when there was a fish on. I think that the rods are too stiff and that the sharp angle that the wire bends at the tip, even with a Twili, puts pressure on the drag making it harder to reel. It's interesting that Scott says his medium action rods worked well...that would fit. So, I'd advise staying away from short, heavy action rods.

And I ordered two Talora 8' dipsy rods on Sunday.

I run 4 of the 9ft Okuma Classic Pro GLT dipsy rods with no problems at all.  Great rod.  Add a Twili tip and you're GTG.  No problems running two on each side of the boat.

Edited by jigstick

I run 4 of the 9ft Okuma Classic Pro GLT dipsy rods with no problems at all.  Great rod.  Add a Twili tip and you're GTG.  No problems running two on each side of the boat.

I stumbled onto a completely rigged and ready to go 9ft okuma GLT dipsy rod, 30dx reel, twili tip, and 1000 feet of 7 strand 30lb mason wire for $135 at a local tackle store.  Couldn't pass it up.  Also picked up the Daiwa at Dick's.  So I'm going to test both rods with that reel w/wire and see what I like best.  I'm glad to know that running multiples of the same length aren't an issue.

I stumbled onto a completely rigged and ready to go 9ft okuma GLT dipsy rod, 30dx reel, twili tip, and 1000 feet of 7 strand 30lb mason wire for $135 at a local tackle store.  Couldn't pass it up.  Also picked up the Daiwa at Dick's.  So I'm going to test both rods with that reel w/wire and see what I like best.  I'm glad to know that running multiples of the same length aren't an issue.

That is exactly what I bought.  I found package GLT's at Dicks and GanderMountain up by Amherst NY.  Bought all 4 there.  For that price you can not beat it.  If you were to buy the GLT, reel, Twili, wire, and connections all separate you would be pushing $180-200.   You will love the GLT rod.  super comfortable handle, plenty of backbone, and they look great.

After running the Okuma wire combo on 3 trips now I can say that is the way to go. A great setup. Had no issues running my 10' ugly stik beside it either.