Evening Walleye Tips Much Appreciated for Newbie!

robrileyw

I was hoping some kind people on here would be willing to give me some tips and suggestions for evening walleye fishing the St. Lawrence River/Eastern Lake Ontario area. I have a 16 ft. Fish n Ski w/ trolling motor on bow of boat w/ a 75hp etec motor. I mostly target Smallmouth/Largemouth during the day but wanting to get into some evening Walleye. I commonly launch at Clayton, Fisher's Landing, Keewaydin State Park, and Chaumont. 

I would like to hear what most of you have the best success on when fishing for walleye on the St. Lawrence River/ Eastern Lake Ontario waters. I always see larger size boats fishing when it gets dark out of the west end of the islands out from Clayton. I'm pretty sure these boats are targeting walleye since I own just about every hot spots map and they say both SM bass and Walleye are present off the islands from Clayton. Anyways, I was wanting to give walleye fishing a try when it gets dark (even if its for just a few hours) but am unsure if it's worth it without any downriggers, rod holders, or any trolling gear for that matter.

Do any of you guys do decent with jigging leeches, minnnows, nightcrawlers??

What about dropshotting like you would for bass but with live bait to target Eyes??

What about vertical jigging silver/gold spoons tipped with live bait??

Or is trolling by far the most superior method? 

I would love to hear what you guys think and atleast get pointed in the right direction on bringing in some eyes

Thanks to all!

Yes, I've read most of your posts Kevin from the last month and just wanting some more specifics on what seems to work and what I shouldn't waste time on. Maybe some locations to start out with basic non trolling techniques for evening walleyes...What seems to work for beginners...I will take a look at your older posts too, Thanks Kevin!