Gimble Mount Trax

Does anybody run these? If so how do you like them? My new boat already has flush mounts right where I will be putting my trax, so thinking of maybe going with gimbles. They obviously wont sit flat on the gunnels so do they rock at all?

Thanks Matt

You should be OK Matt. I've used my cannon (extendable booms) downriggers out of Cannon gimble mounts and they don't rock at all and that would be less distributed torque I would think

I had custom gimbals made for my Eastern, since we we have a curved transom on the boat we mounted 2x10 oak boards then mounted the track to that. I have 9 swivel rod holders mounted along the gunwale and stern so this was my only option to run tracks. Works awesome, no rocking or bouncing of any kind even with the rough Atlantic Ocean.

Personally I would mount a board between the gimbal brackets then mount the track to that for added strength and support.

Good Luck

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

ive used gimbal mounts for cannon mag 10's and Trilple rod holders before pulling dipsies. no problems at all. what you want to be sure of is what type of "gimble pin" is in the bottome your flush mount rod holder. Plastic will not hold up