seneca friday 8/15

i ended up with the day off friday so sounds like a good day to go fishing.  put the kid on the bus and headed to roys  stayed on the west half of the lake with the wind and glad i went out.  had the fist fish before i got 3 rods in the  water.  found schools of bait and pods of fish everywhere ended the day at 8 for 12 with the big one being 12-13 lbs.  did manage to get a pair of bows into the boat one about 4-5 and the other only about 20  inches was a battle with the wind but caght fish at all depths lakers on the dipseys back 220-240 and the rigger down 60 took 5 shots including both bows.  sorry no pics didnt want to clean fish today so everything got back in the water quick.  now i cant decide if i wanna go back there next weekend or  if i hope lake o is calm enough for me.  anything white spin doc with purple flys took fish.

i love it when its set up there it is the closest lauch for me so i get the most time on the water.  it has also produced what is for me a lake best lake trout and brown trout though i admit i get very few browns on seneca i have to get my fix of those out of i bay in the spring. 

Yes I hear ya on the browns. They are few and far between for me at the north end too. A lot of them apparently go down the Seneca River and I'm wondering how many of them live down there instead of in the lake at this point....

I can't believe how long the shelf out where you were fishing has held fish this year they usually are further south at this point in the season but now I'm pretty sure they will stay north for the Fall bite especially those big lakers.

the water is so cold this year and every thing is so late they didnt have to move south to stay comfy so they are just gorging on bait this year gonna be a nice class of fish for next years derby again. i wouldnt be suprised if there sneaking real shallow at night and eating panfish in numbers.  looking forward to the south end winter bite got my fingeres crossed i'm gonna get several trips this year from november till march