Owasco 8/16

Left the dock at 6am with my bother, dad and a good friend.  We setup heading north and had a slow pick of decent lakers, and then the 300 copper took a big hit.  As everyone put their heads down when I asked who wanted it, I decided to take the rod.  I could feel some big head shakes right away and new we had a pretty decent fish.  After a long battle we landed a 30.5 inch lake trout that came in just over 9lbs on the digital scale.   This was a serious accomplishment as we have never landed a fish over 30.  As soon as that fish was on board the deep rigger took a huge hit and the fight was on.  After a long battle and several nice runs the fish was lost about 40 feet behind the boat, it was no doubt a 9-10lb class fish... We ended the day 9-11 on all lake trout.  We spent Sunday installing a new HDS 7 to replace our older grey scale humminbird.  After a little dialing in, I just got word from my brother that he landed a huge 31.5 laker jigging over deep water and attributes his success to the new finder.  Overall, a pretty awesome weekend and I can't wait to spend some more time dialing in the HDS.  All fish were landed from 100-150 FOW and anywhere from 20-90 feet down.

post-149977-0-32157900-1408380005_thumb.jpg

post-149977-0-78954900-1408380022_thumb.jpg

Edited by alex1young

Very nice Alex....looks like the old days there,  Always some big lakers in that lake and great when you can get them to hit :yes: