Canadaigua Lake Shore Fishing?

I will be attending college in Canandaigua this year, and really know nothing about the area. I was just wondering if there are any good areas to shore fish Fall-Spring that could produce trout or pike. Any other spots close by would be great to know too. Feel free to PM, any help is appreciated, thank you all.

Very limited shore access. Fall, you could fish of Onanda park on the west side. Drops deep off the little fishing floating dock they have. 100+ fow is in easy casting distance and trout are somewhat attainable with a little patience. For pickeral (no pike) you could fish the pier in the later part of fall/early spring. Another spring option is the outlet. Stocked with browns and usually pretty good fishing early spring. There are pike in the outlet which runs through Shortsville.

Very limited shore access. Fall, you could fish of Onanda park on the west side. Drops deep off the little fishing floating dock they have. 100+ fow is in easy casting distance and trout are somewhat attainable with a little patience. For pickeral (no pike) you could fish the pier in the later part of fall/early spring. Another spring option is the outlet. Stocked with browns and usually pretty good fishing early spring. There are pike in the outlet which runs through Shortsville.

Thanks! My apartment is in shortsville so I will definitely check that outlet! Are pike in there year round, and is there fishable numbers or are they scarce? Thanks for the help.

The outlet in Manchester shortsville is a great fishery. There are good smallmouth and stocked trout in the spring. There is easy access at bud park in shortsville and the walking trail that goes along the outlet thru Manchester. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app