River keeps producing

Kevin J Legg

Took my brother and sister-in-law for an early morning on the river. First pass we hit one on the bottom and then doubled up with one on the long line. Ended up going 4 for 5. The  one we lost felt like a pig. Others were 4.5, 5.6, 6.8 lbs. Check out the small gobies that were in the stomachs of two of the fish.

post-144887-0-38300700-1409579210_thumb.jpg

post-144887-0-61815500-1409579240_thumb.jpg

Fished the early shift this morning and got skunked. I put in 2 1/2 hours and had no hits but a rock bass. This is only the second time I've been shut out this summer fishing walleyes on the river. Current, weeds and wind were all tough but I was still able to cover my normal spots but today I came up empty. It happens.

Well done.

Do you think the bite got tougher when the gobies arrived? I know it has been several years but I am just curious.

They are in Oneida now and it will be interesting to see how they affect the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Woke at 5::00 and fished from 5:30-6:45. Caught a double on the long lines with deep divers (suspended fish) and nothing on the bottom bouncers. Going to hit the lake for salmon in the morning.

I haven't had any issues catching fish since the gobies arrived, They just have gotten bigger.

post-144887-0-92027800-1410094164_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin J Legg