Canandaigua 9/15

Headed out with breadman for an afternoon trip.  We set up 2 riggers, 2 wires, and 2 coppers.  We started in the north end heading south on eastside we passed sk8man around 2:30.  Flasher flies on the wires had been working for breadman for awhile so we had some of his favorites out there and I ran spoons of the riggers and mix of spoons and stickbaits on copper.  We got our first fish on the eastside on wire 125' out with green dot pro troll with mirage fly around 3:20.  We kept east circling back north to our waypoint and ended up finding the dragon wall hump.  I haven't hit it in awhile and breadman had never seen it.   Depth there on the hump is about 26' when you are trolling in 65'-75' before you hit it.  We didn't lose anything but spent some time cleaning my lines and my balls and reset everything.  Switched to flasher flies on the riggers now and the coppers.  We circled west and then headed north again when we got to another hump west of Rocky Island again 23' of water under the boat and no where near the Dragon Wall.  We were marking fish and bait 35'-45' down and 65'-70' but after two mishaps with the structure we moved west.  The fleas were bad as mentioned by sk8man and fbog, lots of cleaning out there but we were marking fish.  We head south on the west side from German Bros. to almost Tichenor Point, think we saw fbog trolling east away from Tichenor as we worked south.  Gave up on west side with the blank screen and headed east again.  Popped another rigger as we headed northeast at 5:00 on the wonderbread flasher mirage fly combo.  Al worked the rod but the fish got the best of him behind the boat and came unbuttoned.   We reset 13' back and 55' down and continued east.  We began heading north on eastside again marking bait and fish 35'-55' down.  Rigger goes again with wonderbread mirage combo.  Now it's my turn, and we flop a nice 6 lb. lake trout on the deck.  The time was around 6:15.  I kept telling Al about the best solarlunar time was while we were fishing but I ended up having the time wrong but we did well regardless.  I need to pick up a couple wonderbread spin doctors for the cloudy days out there.  Wind picked up out of the northwest around 6:30 and rain by the time we had the boat back at the dock by  7:15.

post-139627-0-03775700-1410890332_thumb.jpg

Edited by FLXTroutman

Nice going FLX :yes: .  I know what you mean about the rock piles ...there are usually fish nearby there but you sure have to be on the lookout....I fish them in the Spring and late Fall for another species :)  I had the wonderbread E chip flasher on as well as the wonderbread Spinney yesterday but I was running up pretty high 180-200 out because I don't usually fish for the lakers but up higher they work on nice bows as well trolled faster than normal.  You earned your fish yesterday that is for sure. Good report. Les

Yep - that was me headed east near Tichenor.  West side did nothing for me from the drop off down.  I headed in about 6:00 to beat the rain coming in.  I'm going to try to get out again later today.  Thanks for the great report FLX!