9 Pt Buck Video Of Kill

dvdegeorge

Here's how it all went down...
I passed a nice 8 point and then a few minutes later 2 doe crossed 100 yds from me.
A few minutes later I caught move movement about 80 yds to my right, 2 nice buck! At first glance they both looked to be shooters. They stop and face off and hit horns a bit. Then they move behind some brush and they start fighting for real, antlers were cracking.
I then grab my grunt call figuring if they are getting giggy that they will want to investigate anther buck in the area.
Sure enough with in a few minutes the 1st one starts coming my way.
As he's coming in I decide he's not what I want although he's nice.
the 2nd buck starts to bring up the rear but half way to me he cuts off into the thickets. I think figures,danm it!
The 1st buck stops at about 25 yds looking my way and after a minute cuts away parallel with me. At this point the 2nd buck makes a fatal mistake and comes out of the thicket and starts to follow.
I scan and find 1 window at 30 yds and when he steps thru I release.
Initially I thought I shot over him, and was disgusted but I should know better. That arrow,slick trick and luminock passed thru him and stuck in the ground beyond him so fast it was deceiving!
He ran out in front of me and circled thru the woods,I heard a crash behind me.I waited a few minutes and got down to check my arrow and it was covered in bright blood,at that point I knew he was dead and I'd have my hands on him shortly. Followed the blood trail and he died about 75 yds behind my stand.post-153473-0-73250500-1413887842_thumb.jpgpost-153473-0-80236300-1413887859_thumb.jpgpost-153473-0-49610800-1413887967_thumb.jpg

Heres the video a bit long but its how it happened in real time
You can hear me grunt right at the start of the video,then a lot of watching and waiting as deer commit to come
At the 5:30 min. mark 1st buck shows and at 6:17 he starts to leave just after 7:00 minute mark the buck comes out of thickets and shot comes at 7:18 minute make

Dan that is awsome! Makes me want to try and film one. Is that just a go pro mounted on your head? I got a agree with you that it does look like the shot was a little high. Best part of the video is hearing your response to the "miss". Wish the camera would have been rollin when you found him because im sure the response was much different! Congrats again and great job letting all of us live that moment with you.

P.S. I didnt see $h!t last night but my connected on a nice 10pt. Its starting to really happen.

Edited by JakeyBaby

Congrats.  I had to watch the shot twice to see if I blinked or the arrow's nock disappeared for that split second into the buck.  How far of a shot it looked like 50 yards? I know it is deceiving because of the fish eye style lens.

Edited by Chas0218

He`s a beaut-thanks for sharing.  I especially like hearing equipment used, where hit, how far he went, etc. 

Tonite first nite I`ve seen action-nice buck shagging after doe, chasing in big circles, just out of range. 

Here's how it all went down...

I passed a nice 8 point and then a few minutes later 2 doe crossed 100 yds from me.

A few minutes later I caught move movement about 80 yds to my right, 2 nice buck! At first glance they both looked to be shooters. They stop and face off and hit horns a bit. Then they move behind some brush and they start fighting for real, antlers were cracking.

I then grab my grunt call figuring if they are getting giggy that they will want to investigate anther buck in the area.

Sure enough with in a few minutes the 1st one starts coming my way.

As he's coming in I decide he's not what I want although he's nice.

the 2nd buck starts to bring up the rear but half way to me he cuts off into the thickets. I think figures,danm it!

The 1st buck stops at about 25 yds looking my way and after a minute cuts away parallel with me. At this point the 2nd buck makes a fatal mistake and comes out of the thicket and starts to follow.

I scan and find 1 window at 30 yds and when he steps thru I release.

Initially I thought I shot over him, and was disgusted but I should know better. That arrow,slick trick and luminock passed thru him and stuck in the ground beyond him so fast it was deceiving!

He ran out in front of me and circled thru the woods,I heard a crash behind me.I waited a few minutes and got down to check my arrow and it was covered in bright blood,at that point I knew he was dead and I'd have my hands on him shortly. Followed the blood trail and he died about 75 yds behind my stand.attachicon.gifbuckwoods.jpgattachicon.gifbuckwoods2.jpgattachicon.gifbuck9.jpg

Heres the video a bit long but its how it happened in real time

You can hear me grunt right at the start of the video,then a lot of watching and waiting as deer commit to come

At the 5:30 min. mark 1st buck shows and at 6:17 he starts to leave just after 7:00 minute mark the buck comes out of thickets and shot comes at 7:18 minute make

Quick question for you - in the first picture of the buck (the one with your bow in the picture) what is the black horizontal bar near the top cam and what type of string silencers do you use? I think I see a picture of one on the string in the picture? Are you shooting a Matthew Heli M?

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by momay4000

• 2 weeks later...