Canandaigua - 10-27-14 beautiful day and....

a little bow action. Trolled south from the water plant to Cooks pt on west side with my son Mark then then back north to Seneca Pt. marked a lot of bait down south in 90 - 130 ft and quite a few fish mostly suspended from 70-110 ft. down.  Ran 2 coppers off inline boards (200 and 250) out 350 total, (1) 6 color leadcore with numerous small/medium spoons and then a stickbait (no hits at all), (2) wire rigs with spinneys and flashers and flies of various colors at various depths (no hits), (1) braid and mini dipsey with spoon out 180 ft (no hits). Changed out thewire rigs for   (2) 5 leader Seth Green rigs with small to medium spoons (one 3 lb laker on orange taped Sutton 44 4th leader down). Took a savage hit on the 250 copper with a taped (orange and green Quick Strike 44 hammered brass spoon -  turned out to be 3-4 lb rainbow, then later on same copper with same spoon another rainbow 3 plus pounds. Kept both ( one each) for my son (holding the fish)as his freezer recently crapped out and he lost all his frozen fish. That was it for the fish...but what a day foliage wise....pretty incredible. here are a couple shots (unretouched) so you can see what I'm talking about.

post-145411-0-79260200-1414447838_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-68930100-1414447848_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-06301600-1414447859_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-70493600-1414447873_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Great job Les! The lake looked placid and the colors vibrant! Nice bows! Way to grind out a bite again!

really wanted to go today but work called, driving by Cayuga today it looked awesome!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I also got out for a couple hours late this afternoon on Canandaigua.  Stayed north near the pump house and only managed to find one laker about 3#, very long and skinny but quite feisty.  He came on a Blade Runner 22 down 50 over 60 fow.  I only ran riggers with a variety of FLT, Suttons, and Blade Runners.  As Les said, beautiful day on the water.  Our days are numbered!!

Absolutely beautiful scenery Les, that's why I love to fish in the fall, the scenery is beautiful and the fish usually have the feed bag on. Thanks for sharing Les.

Thanks guys. Ted- one of my buddies was out there too for the last time of the season before going to Florida for the winter and he caught 2 lakers and he is a real good rainbow guy who trolls faster than me usually . The bows were pretty elusive today and that spoon/250 copper seemed to be the main ticket to work. I had some electrical problem such that I wasn't able to use downriggers at all today.....good thing I always carry a bunch of different rods to "switch it up" :lol:  I think perch will be on the agenda next time out.....can't always count on ice fishing for them....57 degree surface temp today for much of the lake.