Shimano Tekota 600LC

Thanks Jason, I have 300s on my long rods and I love them, they're light but fun but too small for lead.

Hope all is well with you, I'm sure we'll cross paths this winter.

Im sorry I thought the post said saltist now that I'm awake from not working 10 doubles in a row. The tekota 700 will fit 10 core just fine. The counter on saltist dig into you wrist and there a fast reel. Tekotas are slower and good drags. No line counter issues. Both reel are about the same price. I would prefer the saltist 50's over the 700 tekota.

Saltist better drag by far. I had 2 tekota 700 and 800 and had to send them to Tuna Tom to have the drags replaced, right out of the box they were terrible. Like Jason said, the Saltist are much faster, makes clearing lines much easier. IMHO

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The only issue you could have here is how u connect your lines together. . If you connect backer and leader with Albright knots you should be fine but if you use swivels or bead chains they might get caught up in level wind ... I would double check clearance of level wind hole or just use Albright knots to connect lines together. ..

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...