38 yr reunion on Seneca this year?

So 38 yrs ago, or at least I think ( I was young but still remember) walked out on the ice past the now removed light house pier and watched several guys pulling some monster pike out of ice on the north end.  Odds are looking pretty good from what Im seeing, especially with mornings like this, we could see this again?  Anyone remember that year being out there? 

Mike It was either 1977 or 78 I think and I was one of the "early birds" there near the arterial for a few days before others discovered it and it was the best pike fishing I've ever seen in my life. Even little kids had 10-15 lb pike laying on the ice one weekend.  Those pike were the biggest and most numerous I've ever seen I had a couple that had bellies that looked as though those guys had been beer drinking all their lives :lol:  and they easily weighed in the high teens or early twenties. I still think about it every time I go by there on land or water - one of those "peak experiences" in life. I also caught the biggest pickerel of my life out from Geneva on the Lake during that same period. We also got a bunch of those big pike and perch around that time out near the channel markers on the east side

Edited by Sk8man

Yeah let me know if things look good. I haven't been down there for as couple weeks....have had the flu.  I'd love to give it a try again.

It is a shame that the state doesn't have some form of slot limit on these large fish. The bigs are the oldest and most successful fish in the system. They lay many times the number of eggs of smaller fish; great breeders. The recent pike die-off on Seneca certainly has not helped. One can only hope that such adventures return.