Seneca

• 2 weeks later...

hows the perch action?id love to get out on seneca early.is the ramp open at roys?If they are i might consider leaving it there till late april,next week im getting my truck to haul it.

• 2 weeks later...

hows the perch action?id love to get out on seneca early.is the ramp open at roys?If they are i might consider leaving it there till late april,next week im getting my truck to haul it.

John you have a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Seneca harbor and the Watkins launch are still a no go unless your fishing from a really small boat. Yes, on Fri there were a couple boats fishing, but where they launched, I couldnt get a 20ft boat out of. Not a chance. Maybe this weekend if the weather stays above freezing, just maybe! 

Wow has it been a rough winter!  Were all chomping at the bit! 

By the way, Theresa tells me boats can launch from the new development on the west side. It's a private area, so i don't know much than that. She watched 2 boats launch from there at about 1pm fri. Thats about all I know about it. 

Well, made it to the launch at Seneca harbor hotel by 8am, totally frozen 3/4" ice.... no problem broke up some by ramp, saw a huge perch right next to shore under the ice. Got the boat into the water and started it, no pisser water coming out... put it back on trailer and tried one more time, voila, water,. Could of been cause it was still single digits out. So broke my way out to lake and set up shop by 9:30. Beautiful morning, the lake was like glass. Not another soul to be seen. set out ten color core, and two down riggers, nada... Tried shallow with sticks on board and three color core, deep where all the bait was, (mostly 260- 400) all down at least 180', nothing. The west side had gin clear water, the east had some skim ice by hector falls and a light green tint to it. Did have a shaker on my one rigger but it came off (post-150622-14272311663194_thumb.jpgon the cheater spoon), about a mile North of the plant.

Wouldn't trade the day for anything... hearing the singing of the rigger wires almost put me to sleep, saw a mixed flock of 24 snows and a pile of canadas flying north, we'll be catching em soon enough, soon enough....

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wish I could have gone! I need a day away from everything else. If your looking to kill some time before the Watkins show, I'm at the shop everyday if you wanna stop and check things out. If you do, call when you arrive I don't chase my message notifications, but I answer calls. Also, the radio going prevents me from hearing the door bell. I sent you the address in a pm.

Jason

Edited by Great Lakes Lure Maker