Lures in the prop wash?

When you say you run your lures or spoons in the "prop wash" approximately how far back are you talking about. Like the distance the water crosses at a cruising speed or where the water boils up under a troll about 20ft. I know you guys say there's no such thing as a stupid question, so I hope this fits the criteria!! Thanks for any feedback. PAP

i just consider it back behind the motor turbulence and down a few feet and I think most folks who mention it are just meaning near the back of the boat at the edge of the disturbance. I'm usually a little closer than what Zack mentioned but it is a good estimate

Thanks Zack and Les, I certainly didn't expect a reply at this hour, LOL, but thank you your info definitely gives me an idea as to how far back. I never tried this method as spring Browns is all about being stealthy and I wouldn't expect action that close, most say that it's the silvers that hit in the prop wash. I was talking to a local that has a house on Association Island and he was telling me about the success they had with a orange crush spoon parked in the prop wash. Now I can sleep tonight!!! PAP.

Works well and man is it fun hooking up with a football on that little amount of line out. For the most part stealth is important but Browns are curious. Last year a handful of times I saw them surface right at my big boards. Pretty cool to see. Should be setting up for another decent spring. Going to be very hard to beat last year's walleye bite though.

I hope your right Fleet, as this year I'm geared up and ready, meaning both the boat and I, I just purchased 4 50 series reels as I have 2 already for leadcore setups, all I have to do is spool them and hope not to many gremlins found a home aboard the 1 Worm over this harsh winter. I also set up 2 outfits with the new slide divers as I'm eager to see how they work, like everyone else its been a long tough winter with 6-9"s of snow in the forecast for Sunday night into Monday morning and more Tues.-Wed. UUGGG I'm sick of it although I made sure I cleaned up close enough to the hitch of the boat that I have the 4 wheels on the blacktop it will come out of the snow one way or another!!! I will see you guys over at Chaumont Bay the first Sat. in May and maybe before fishing for browns. Lonnie told me I could leave my boat at his place (Association Island) till the camp opens. Till then think 50 degrees for the rest of March so its a go come the end of April, I don't fore see any sooner!!! :clap:  :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Back years ago we had a pacific salmon program here we always  caught cohos  in the prop wash   as well as land lock salmon in  our lakes. many  of us would paint  one  of  the props blades  orange  to attract .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...