Geneva this weekend

Hey guys,

I will be spending the weekend in Geneva, and I was wondering if there is any open water to do some casting?  Will be staying at the Ramada if that helps any?  I don't need a whole lot of detail on gear and specifics, just hoping to get out in the mornings before my girlfriend is awake.  

Im going to go out on a limb and say that you might be casting into ice still, she was still just out side of it with the slush but who knows, just didn't want there to be a surprise,  if I drive by there tonight after work I can give an update.  Theres other points of interest that can get you to open water from shore with a little drive.  Sampson State Park has a wall that can be fished from as well on the East side down about 5 miles from the north end.  Good luck.

I was there about an hour ago and the ice (although some is broken up a bit) extends about 500 yards to the south of the pier. I would be literally shocked if there is open water this weekend You'd need to be almost to Geneva On The Lake to do any casting.  The State park is also still iced in although there is some opening  up near the Hobart research boat and down the canal by the railroad bridge.  The marina itself if still fully iced in as is the canal leading to the launch ramp so it will be awhile.

Edited by Sk8man

I know lol... no avoiding it. But the signs do say no fishing. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just wonder why the state allows that and how much junk and line ends up in the marinia .