On Vacation

Hey Les,

Hope you have a good time down in the sun & sand. Just remember most of the rest of us will be getting our boats out and on the lakes while your far away! :poolparty:

Seriously, have a blast and maybe catch a shark or something. Oh, and don't worry they remove aisle 13 from airplanes......and runways :rofl:

See Ya

Bob

Just so you know I'll be :cash::headbang:

Thanks Bob . We're heading for Clearwater, Florida for a week but I'm planning to be home for the Watkins tackle "extravaganza" :lol: Still have a couple days left here though Pap :)

At least I don't have to worry about you taking all my fish with your "new" boat while I'm gone Bob because you won't be finished with all your "modifications" until a few seasons from now (once you figure out how all your stuff will be mounted) :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Les,

We were down in that area a couple of years ago with the kids and took a field trip to see manatees.

There is a viewing area 5 or 6 miles south of Tampa off 41 on the east side of the bay that is situated across a small inlet adjacent to Tampa Electric generating plant.

The warm discharge attracts manatee during the cool season.

I remember a good sized parking lot and free access to the site which included a dock area, observation tower and a jetty to walk out on.

We not only saw manatees in abundance but also saw tarpon in the 5 to 6ft range as well as other varieties of fish that I couldn't identify.

If you have the time and are looking to see something unusual by NY standards, it was way cool.

Chas

Thanks for the tip Chas. My in-laws and brother-in-law live there so they may be familiar with it. I appreciate your mentioning it.

Thanks Ted. I'll stop by when I get back...I was thinking about it yesterday and remembered we were going to chat about it :)  Can't wait to get the boat out this year....

Hey Les your going to miss the next snow storm, starting tomorrow at 5am and it's supposed to give us a nice and white 4-8" by tomorrow night, aren't we lucky!!! Clearwater, my mom used to live there, the wife and I used to go every other year. I remember the gulf coast had some of the nicest beaches and the water was like a bath tub. We did some really cool shelling, I still have the big conch shells they are hard as hell to pull out of the mud. Have a great time and safe trip home!!! PAP

Thanks Pap. I'm looking forward to a Grouper sandwich and bowl of She Crab soup at Frenchies on the beach ....the h with this snow :lol:

Thanks Pap. I'm looking forward to a Grouper sandwich and bowl of She Crab soup at Frenchies on the beach ....the h with this snow :lol:

AAOOHHH come on Les, look isn't it beautiful, Been there they have the best grouper, soak up the rays!!! :star:  :star:  :star:

Flying out for mexico in am myself les. Heading sailfish fishing Tuesday and drop fishing monday. Be back at it by end of week. Can't wait.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Cool Nick....haven't fished for the billfish there but have fished the Coronado Islands there for tuna and that was a blast. Hopefully the weather will be at least a tad better when we both get back here :)  Good luck!

Edited by Sk8man

Now that's just wrong, and not fare!!! Lakebound88, Well we got around 6"s and man were the roads slick, they drove it flat and it turned to solid ice!!! There's only a handful of ponds that the ice is gone. Beltzville still has a solid 12"s yet, we need some 50* days for about a week or more to rid this ice. I'm so ready for the soft water, till then stay warm and think spring!!!

Edited by pap