Wiscoy Creek Anglers DEC diary program

DEC Invites Input from Wiscoy Creek AnglersYour Observations Can Help Shape Future Fisheries Management Actions

DEC Region 9 Fisheries Office is holding an angler diary program for Wiscoy Creek in Allegany and Wyoming Counties throughOctober 31, 2015, DEC announced today. The diarist program aims to record dates, catch records and observations from anglers who fish on Wiscoy Creek. DEC will use the input from the Angler Diary Program in conjunction with our late summer electrofishing survey to evaluate Wiscoy Creek fishery's overall quality.

"Angler participation in this program is greatly appreciated and will help us to evaluate Wiscoy Creek's fishery quality," said Regional Director Abby Snyder. "This is a great opportunity for anglers to contribute observations and help shape future fishery management actions."

If you fish Wiscoy Creek (even once) and would like to contribute your observations in a DEC fishing diary, please contact the Region 9 Fisheries Office at (716) 372-0645 or by e-mail at [email protected].

Yesterday AM I found crystal clear waters, low flow and zero fish along with seven cars along the creek. This wild fish and no stocking program is a failure as our finest trout stream does not serve our youth and future anglers. All the old men with fly rods were not there either.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I used to fish the Wiscoy all the time and prticipated in the diary program. But the number of insects and hatches started to dwindle and along with it the fish. So I stopped fishing there which is too bad because it's a jewel of a stream. I think there is too much fertilizer or insecticide runoff from the farms just my .02 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app