Seneca this weekend?

1st weekend for me this season:-) Put the boat in the water for a couple hours yesterday to check out the new equipment additions (great lakes planer masts & pro troll speed control) and everything works Great! Any suggestions what part of the lake to start with the water temps still this low?

North out of your home port well that is if your still fishing out of Lodi... Did very well on lakers out of there last weekend.... Caught a few landlocks as well Fished in 100 fow in to about 60 fow and picked up fish all the way through there... No monsters but quality fish

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Might have to take a shovel with you to clear debris out launch ramp as it was filled up in there good last weekend tho. . Good luck look forward to your report

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Well it was a gorgeous afternoon with the lake like glass but nothing doing with the fish. I went up the east side from Lodi 1/2 way to Sampson from 40' to 150' and didn't mark a fish! Think tomorrow it'll be the opposite and head south on the west side. Still much better than working :)

We fished last weekend out of Lodi and headed up the east side. Never moved a rod, then went to the west side in front of Dresden and hooked up on two nice Lakers. Both on riggers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wish I listened to you and hit the shallow water to many buoys never again lol

Well it was a gorgeous afternoon with the lake like glass but nothing doing with the fish. I went up the east side from Lodi 1/2 way to Sampson from 40' to 150' and didn't mark a fish! Think tomorrow it'll be the opposite and head south on the west side. Still much better than working :)

The fish are their but they are above your sonar hit the top water. Good luck tomorrow

Fished the north end from 7 AM -12:30 PM without a touch 6 rods out everything from leadcores,downriggers with sliders, boards, wire rigs, and toplines and depths from 25 to 180 of water east and west sides but only fishing for silvers. Most of temp was 38.5 ish but found a pocket of 42 degree water but it had zero fish in it. Only marked a few fish mostly small ones within top 40 ft of water or big lakers hugging bottom for dear life. Spoke with multiple people and friends out there and they had same result. Ultra crystal clear water with east wind and minimal chop on surface = recipe for no fish. Some thick weeds and junk suspended in a couple bands on the east side that didn't help out much either. Just nice to get out there and have everything working perfectly on the boat and equipment. On the downside -the Chamber of Commerce launch is now a complete disaster after the construction as they placed curbing in the worst possible places, narrowed up the place where you back in, and have even tighter parking availability....what a waste of space. I can see the fist fights coming during the derby already :doh:

Edited by Sk8man