Otisco 5-3

I made it out last night for 3 hours and though we didn't get any takers we found a few fish and decent amount of bait on shore in the area I focus on first. Checked my later spot and I didn't find any fish or bait. The area I work is way ahead of last season and Ill be on em next weekend for sure. I'd also like to make everyone aware that I am now a New York State Licensed Guide #7324. Ill have a website soon, but for now you can reach me at (607) 349-1750 with any questions or to book a trip. Full night spring walleye trips start at 200 for 2 anglers. Bring your own food for the grill or it can be provided. Weekend packages including lodging and even meals are available.

Yea x2 what Les said, I'm very confident that you will make it. You are self proven with all the perseverance a man can have plus your relentless and not afraid to switch things up for a different approach to trigger a bite. One thing I take notice to is guys get stuck in their ways and instead of trying something different they will kill sunlight staying in a rut, what's the difference if you catch nothing doing what your doing or try something different that might work or might not but at least you know you tried!!, best of luck to you Justin and hopefully your new way of life, living out your dreams in the outdoors, where you belong. This reminds me of the show I watch Filthy Riches. Filthy meaning getting dirty and riches meaning making money at what you enjoy doing. Your friend Mike (PAP)

Congratulations on the guiding!  With your knowledge and passion you'll be great at it, good luck getting up and running!  I like what pap said, "relentless" is definitely the way to describe your approach.  Very cool.

Jeff,

I wont be quitting my day job any time soon.  Because Im self employed I have the flexibility to do both though with the short season in the northeast it will very difficult to actually MAKE money.  I do it because I love it and offsetting some of my expenses will be a nice start.  

Justin,

I met many nice people over the years I guided. Very few were a pain. Several still keep in close contact. I know you will be a good one and hope you enjoy it. I decided I enjoyed taking friends and family and not have the pressure that I put myself under when I guided. Not sure that worked as I'm still pretty driven.

I will guide for tigers anyway you wanna catch them....on the fly, spin tackle, baitcaster, trolling deep with boards, fast trolling weedlines with 1 rod while you hold it and try to steer around the weeds. The only way that is NOT an option on my boat is bait for tigers. Of course there isnt any guaranteed method I know of...you have to earn em one way or another.

Kevin,

You have the passion for the outdoors like I do and it doesnt turn off whether I guide someone or go with Tracy. The pressure is trying to get consistent results when really its impossible because not all days are equal!!! Doesn't mean I can't try though!!!

You put me in the mood for the eyes Justin so I went last night with my son to Honeoye (from shore no less) casting Renegades and ended up with a 20 and change inch one. Mark had another right about 10 ft from the dock and it spit the hook. Not exactly wall hanger but a lot of fun on ultralights and Honeoye is a whole different ballgame than Otisco :lol:

post-145411-0-06080700-1430929082_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-92785000-1430929097_thumb.jpg

You put me in the mood for the eyes Justin so I went last night with my son to Honeoye (from shore no less) casting Renegades and ended up with a 20 and change inch one. Mark had another right about 10 ft from the dock and it spit the hook. Not exactly wall hanger but a lot of fun on ultralights and Honeoye is a whole different ballgame than Otisco :lol:

nice job Les, good eats!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Way to go Les!

Thanks John! I still wanna put you on some fish 1 night soon. If you come over again maybe there will be another surprise party!

I'm buried with work and all I wanna do is fish! Might have to do an up n back. Friday can't come soon enough...