Keuka Sunday FLTA

Congratulations to FLTA with one of their best turnouts with 21 boats fishing this past Sunday. Great bag of fish by Scott B. and Joe S. We squeaked out third with three Lakers. The lake produced quite a few browns and a couple bows.

Our six rod set, two riggers one mag dipsy, ten, seven, and five color cores all took multiple fish. We found a small pod of bait early and stuck in that area all day, first fish was 6-5 and came on the mag dipsy with paddle and fly. Our other bigger fish came on a small orange and gold spoon on the five color. We dropped about 8 fish and landed 25, lots of cookie cutter Lakers. The hot spot was just North of the bluff on the West side, if you found the deepest water you found the spot, but we caught 90% of our fish on an east west troll. They did not want it north south. Looking forward to Owasco in June!!

Took a friend of my sons with me he's soon to head to the Marines he had a blast!post-150622-14308238494332_thumb.jpg

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Nautitroller

Sounds as though you got into them pretty good John  and that is a real pleasant surprise about  the browns and bows. I was beginning to wonder if any were left in there but that is a good confirmation that at least some are left in there :)  Thanks for the report I was wondering how things went.

Way to go John! ! Was a beautiful day.. We had similar results on lakers just couldn't find any bigger than 4lb range and managed that 1 rainbow.. Deeeeep flys and flashers got a lot of lakers off the bottom while our 3 color core was doing lots of damage with a Finger Lakes Tackle Red spoon with black dots .. As soon as we would get that set up back in the water the board would start to pull back up and we would watch it go back again.. I'll happily take a fourth and stay up there in the points chase and definitely ready for Owasco... Lots of fun and the turnout was amazing. . Again Great Job.. Also a big congrats to Scott (Bohunter) on a impressive box of fish for Keuka... Way to go !!

Mike

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We fished the south end, which was definitely not the place to be....

Anyway, the 10 browns and 2 rainbows brought to scale were ( by far) the most off fish weighed in a FTLA Keuka derby in my memory. If fact, in recent years there have been days where no in the club could find even one!

The landlocks in Keuka still seem to be AWOL.

The Atlantic's listen to the song sail and headed for Seneca hahahaha!!!! But congrats to all that fished like stated above the browns were nice to see and I was even lucky enough to collide with one myself. And I fished the shallower waters flashers did nothing for me not a single fish I have to thank flt spoons for the fish I weighed in played a huge roll in my day. See you on the water keep it reel

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks to all for the congrats. Congratulations to Ron Fox on the Lunker. It's been almost 10 years since my boat has won a FLTA tournament. We ran rigs and flat lines with med suttons and FLT spoons(chicken feed) catching an equal amount of fish on all. Never caught a fish until the sun was shining on the water. We were culling just after 8:00 with a small rainbow in the box. Continued a steady bite all day. Our second largest came at 11:30. Boated 16,realeased 8, but all were good fish for Keuka. Fran and his girlfriend Susie did a great job as rookies on the my boat. They are going to Owasco and all of us can't wait.