Attn Sutton Spoon Fans

I was just in a store in Maine called Kittery Trading Post. They have a good selection of 44's and 61's made by the moosamaloo company out of Vermont. I asked a clerk how they can use the name Sutton 61 and Sutton 44. She told me that there was some sort of an agreement between the two companies. She seemed to think there are using the original dies. Rings are welded. She did say the finish is most likely different because it was so expensive for Sutton back when. They look good. Lots of tape jobs too

post-139754-14309239817965_thumb.jpgpost-139754-14309239993145_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Brad

That Kittery Trading post is an awesome store..... Was my second trip back there last year from the early 90's when it was out of the house there.  Now its bigger than a Bass Pro on Steroids.........  Thanks for the info.

Interesting about the Sutton lures.....I used to hit that trading post for many years even before they got into the new store and it was mind boggling then now it reminds me of LL Bean in Freeport ...an amazing selection of stuff.

Anyone want to order some, try this place. AJ's Bait and Tackle out of Meredith NH. Google it for his website. Alan Nute is the owner. He has sent me stuff before. He will pull it from his peg board and charge your card including an agreed shipping amount.

He carries these moosamaloo Suttons. Stop in his shop sometime too. Great place for smaller lures.

No tax in NH tooðŸ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Brad

Edited by Nemesis

Are they stamped "Sutton Spoons" ?

Also, if you're in the Naples area, a stop into the Sutton Store is well worth it... stopped in the other day to get a few # 44's.

Edited by JJBat150

Sutton's haven't had any 44s in quite some time...has just a bunch of odd ball spoons left...a good replacement spoon is the great lakes lure made in the 44 size...I've caught quite a few fish on Great Lakes lures...

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes the Great Lakes 44's are deadly and so are the others in the Great Lakes collection :yes: