honeoye/hemlock/canadice

Which of these lakes is best for targeting LM./sm. Bass? I have only really fished them using either top water rapalas or plastics type lures, worms, crabs, etc. So, I usually look for structure. Be it weed lines, Lilly pads, logs in the water. Then for sm. Bass I have done drifting a couple of times with a worm, and it's worked. I would like to know which end of these lakes has more of that kind of structure. Thanks for any info.

Honeoye is good for LMs with lots of weed bed structure.  No experience yet with Canadice.  I have a fair amount with Hemlock and I think if you stay before the drop (south end) you have good LM and as you head up the sides it is hit or miss with smallies.  I typically catch 1 smally for every 10 large mouth - lots of chains.  another few minutes, you have Conesus and this has a really good large mouth population as well and they are lil pigs eating all of those alewives.  A 12 inch fish can weigh over 2lbs.  Fingers are not known for lili pads.  Lamoka would be the ideal spot if this is what you want to fish for structure.

If you have a small vessel, I vote for Hemlock but if you have a larger vessel you need to look into the boating restrictions.

New York State = Large Mouth Bass Are Everywhere.

Honeoye as Zack said for the largemouths  especially in the evening casting Rapala like sticks.

Both ends can't go wrong top water might be tuff on some days I would fish tight to shore now and look for them and pitch a bait right on there beds. Im no bass Fisher but iknow they are shallow and hitting everything that is near them

Sent from my C811 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app