IMPORTANT! HUMMINBIRD & i-PILOT LINK SOFTWARE INFORMATION

UPDATE!

We have identified this issue and now have a software update in place to resolve this issue.  This software can be found on humminbird.com in the MyHumminbird section of our site.  The new version number is 7.650.  

The issue revolved around corrupt Tracks, Waypoints and Routes that were typically being created when the i-Pilot Link was abruptly taken out of a state of navigation.  The description of the fix is as follows:   

"Targeted bug fixes to v_7.590, addressing Tracks, Waypoints and Route (TWR) data corruption in the non-volatile ram memory.  Software now ignores this type of invalid TWR data and will not save nor propogate this type of invalid TWR data."    

IF your unit is currently in the reboot state, please read the attached FAQ on how to reset your unit.  If you follow the instructions in this FAQ, it is unlikely that you will need to return your unit to us for service.  This is very similar to the normal update process.  

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused.  Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.  

This release still incorporates the new feature and change for 7.590 listed below. 

NEW FEATURE

Added support for the AS RC1 Bluetooth Dongle and Remote

GENERAL CHANGE

Removed support for the Quadra Beam transducer

We have recently identified a software issue in our products listed below that can cause a unit on a network connected to an i-Pilot Link to become "frozen" and unrecoverable via a restart standpoint.  While we do not have a solution identified, we do know that a lock-up scenario can be avoided by simply disconnecting your i-Pilot Link module from the Humminbird Ethernet network.  We realize that this renders the functionality of some Link features useless in the meantime, and for that we truly apologize.  However, by taking this step it will ensure that your networked units will continue to function normally over the coming days such that you can still enjoy your valuable fishing time on the water, especially over the upcoming holiday weekend.   

For instructions on disconnecting the i-Pilot Link from your network, please read this linked FAQ.  

Our engineers are working very hard to come up with a field deployable solution that will update your unit to completely alleviate this issue.  As soon as that solution is identified, we will send a new Service Bulletin with the procedure for resolving the issue permanently so you can go back to enjoying the full functionality of your Humminbird and i-Pilot Link system.  We truly apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, and appreciate your patience and understanding as we quickly resolve the problem.  

859ci HD Combo

859ci HD DI Combo

899ci HD SI Combo

959ci HD Combo

959ci HD DI Combo

999ci HD SI Combo

1159ci HD Combo

1159ci HD DI Combo

1199ci HD SI Combo

It is important to remember that you should not experience this issue if you do not have an i-Pilot Link.  If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Service team at the number below.  

Best Regards,

Rhonda Green

Johnson Outdoors Marine Electronics, Inc.

Senior Customer Service Manager - Humminbird

1-800-633-1468                                 

[email protected]

Edited by HBirdDeborahCRC

• 2 weeks later...

So my 798 HDSI with quadra beam will not work with the new lakemaster chip ?

It should Ed. My ICE688 uses the Lakemaster chip. i think it means you will just have dual beam capability instead of the Quad beam. The Quad beam included a 2D like side imaging view. Can't hurt to call the 1800# and get clarification.

Thank YT , I stopped using that chip after I read this thread then forgot about it till today.

The background on my lakemaster is blue with black numbers , very hard to read. I looked to change color but didn,t find it. Any help with that?

I just did the upgrade , so every thing went back to default ( hate that) but when I was trying to set it back up found the color controls ( ya controls ) for the contours and depth lines .....WOW you can almost set it up how ever you want...... red for shallow area you choose , lighter blue , then dark blue out deep , and a green area that you would want to work..............OW my head hurts............LOL   

Always go in and restore defaults after a software update Ed. Even if it looks like it already did that. Also, when updating the software unplug everything but the power wire from the back of the unit.

That chip is pretty nice for Lady O.The contour shading is a nice feature. Lake O is very detailed, but Lake Erie isn't on the NE chip. If you want some great videos on HB and the Lakemaster chip go on YouTube and check out Doug's page - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC720StZgdcrn-Ldn7vY4v1g

He knows his stuff!

I ran it today way off on Seneca , 300 feet in a few spots. So much for trolling with I pilot and the lakemaster chip.....but then when I. Was messing adjusting tweking stuff I ran us into shaols I knew were there without any GPS.....LoL.... but its easier to read the depth contors than the narvonic chip..... thanks ill check that site out....