North Pond Channel Inlet (Condition?)

Can anyone advise on the current condition of the North Pond Channel inlet adjacent to Greene Point Marina?  I have a 21 foot and I am interested in learning about navigation issues and whether, the channel is passable.  First time visitor to Lake Ontario.  The North Pond looked nice.  Spent the last several seasons in Belmar, New Jersey.

i spent my first year in sandy pond with a 21 ft outboard and that was enough for me,the pond is nice,but the channel can be tricky.its all sand so you wont hurt anything,but the channel changes with every big blow and if its a little rough,good luck.im in  the little salmon river now and never have to worry about bottom.

O and if u do go out of the pond make sure u go around the island dont try to cut through from green point other than that it was ok just went through the cut last weekend with my 19 ft with out any issues

Ya the inlet can be a bit rough at time I have been doing it for the past 26 years and its different every year its a lot better now that it use it be now that it gets dredged on a yearly basis but I went out of the little salmon last year for the first time at the state launch man its nice over there