Anybody fishing a wood salmon boat?

Looking at a 32 foot skiffcraft fly bridge. It's Amish built out of white oak and mahogany. I've always had glass boats, not sure if wood construction would be a pain to maintain throughout the season. Anyone have experience here?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Painted hull, etc-not much to keep up. Topsides and areas that are stained/varnished would need to be kept up on a yearly basis. You would be surprised in a short season, how much the sun/weather put a beating on the "brightwork". Even though the quality of the finishes available now have improved over the years, it is still an upkeep issue.

Thanks for the input. im less worried bout the teak up top, and more so about painting the hull.  At 32' i dont want to be doing it every season, but every 4-5 would be noproblem. If anyone knows about recommended painting schedule id appreciate it

Edited by Sammy Dog

I ran one out of Sandy Pond for 13 years. Bought another after chartering went sour. I have a 26 ft fly bridge with 228 Mercruiser. Best Lake Ontario boat we ever ran. Factory still there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app