Eye Bay report 5/29

bosco

I think that's how I'm going to spell it from now on. Launched at 11:00PM. Went back to the spot of my opening night 8lber and had a fish on my 2nd cast but it hit at the boat and shook off quick. Slowly worked the shoreline and lost 2 more including a hog. It was then I realized I was without the most important tool in my box...a hook file...so I grabbed another rod with my 2nd choice tied onto it and bam, bam, bam!! Boated 3 in about 20 minutes. I'd run into a nice school of eaters. All 20"ers. There was another boat a hundred yards away fishing out a bit deeper so I quietly slid over toward them with the electric motor and shared my info with them and was off the water by 1:00AM. So far it's been a real nice start to the season...by my standards at least.

Thursday 6/4 got 8 eyes (and a gar) last night. 19"-25" between myself and a buddy. Numerous shake-offs and one bust-off at the boat. Fished from 10:00-2:45. Stayed out a little later than I wanted but I was determined to get my buddy his limit. It was worth it. A lot of action. A lot of fun. And a beautiful, quiet evening.

Fished from about 10:30-1:00 last night. A beautiful night to be on the water but apretty slow evening as well. Just two...a 20" and a 21". Alewife action was pretty intense. They were smacking the surface continuously and we actually foul hooked four of them plus the eyes spit a couple up in the live well. I kind of thought that would be over by June but I guess not. I have little doubt though that the fishing was tough because they already had bellies full of alewives.

You really aren't foul hooking them.....they are attempting to reproduce with your lure....toss out a bomber and don't turn the handle at all and you will catch em....when the bait is "rolling" up against your lure it attracts the eyes...the bait spooks and Mr walleye is left with a bomber in his mouth! If you set the hook when you feel the bait you catch one every cast. Extremely sensitive rods help...