Adirondack tigers

I just can't get enough of the colors on these northern fish!

They are still fairly shallow. Went back to back on Friday afternoon after I finally put a program together. Fish were along a steep rocky shoreline with sunken timber. They hit baits 6-8' down over 15' of water.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-154569-14349144425598_thumb.jpg

post-154569-14349144651126_thumb.jpg

post-154569-14349145362104_thumb.jpg

It is in fact a late 60's Whaler! It was handed down to me from my grandfather, who bought it new, and I love fishing in it on smaller waters.

Old man, no pike in that late. If a fish hits, you know what it is! I'd be happy to give you the details.

The tea stained waters up my way give them a light on dark pattern vs Otisco with dark on light. I want to talk to Dec about the strain they breed them with and if that has anything to do with the unique colors or if it's primarily the water.

I believe all the tigers come from one hatchery so it must be the environment. Gorgeous fish in any color.

Good to know and I agree. My favorite species by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That is sweet!

I talked to David Erway, senior biologist out of the Utica office, about the coloration differences and he said says it has more to do with the genetics then the waters.

That is sweet!

I talked to David Erway, senior biologist out of the Utica office, about the coloration differences and he said says it has more to do with the genetics then the waters.

If thats the case the tigers that go in Otisco come from very different stock. I've always thought the reddish fins occurred from stress on the fish. When surface temps are under 70 or so its not common, but when temps are up every tiger we get has reddish fins and some reddish in the skin. Maybe we can get capt Larry to comment.

Took my cousin, who was up from Charlotte, out this morning for his first muskie adventure. Fishing was tough and I had to work for it, but we managed one low 30's tiger, and he couldn't have been happier. I think I was more excited to see him reel one in succefully than I get doing it myself. Great day on the water, and happy 4th of July everyone.

post-154569-1436059613782_thumb.jpg

Edited by FishinNY