high sun flasher color

I am looking to run some cut bait this year. I have glow green and glow white 11 inch pro trolls for the early and late hours, but I want to get a few 11 inch flashers for the mid day. I run 8 inch chrome paddles on my flasher fly rigs when the sun is high. There is not a huge selection of Chrome 11 inch paddles, pro troll makes a series of UV paddles that look chrome. Has anyone had luck with these.

The thing you need to remember about running meat is you shouldn't need to impart any action to the meat rig, as it has its own (dying bait) action. The flasher is just to attract.

I usually use a 54" - 60" leader for meat rigs. You'll want a corkscrew motion more than a tight spin. I used to run a lot of meat until RD stopped selling it in the states.  I may try running it again this season. Just my take

Edited by Patriot

Thanks for the replies. We ran a ton of cut bait in the mid 80's and early 90's and always ran it with the 11 inch paddles. Glad to hear you are having luck with it with the 8 inch stuff. We had great luck spraying WD 40 on the herring, does anyone still do this?