Ruff Rider Live Report Sodus 2015 July 2-6

Just got up to the lake for a four day weekend. Water level is VERY high! We have maybe 6" of dock showing, whereas we normally have 1.5ft and more during low levels.

I wish I had better news on fishing, bit SLOW is the word. I think the cold weather and east winds have slowed the warning of the lake and we are seeing the normal June transition now. It is supposed to be sunny and warm all weekend, so that should help.

With the wonderful forecast, the bats and lake will be swamped with newer boaters, some with a few drinks in them, so please be careful out there!

Also, if you haven't already signed up for the Sodus Pro Am, do it! It is a lot of fun. Unless you're scared to lose to a guy who uses pink poles...

Are you going out tonight? I really look forward to your reports and I'm taking a disabled friend out in the morning. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm glad you think the fishing slow. I thought it was just me. Fished today from 9-2 and got a bt in 30 fow on a green spoon. Got a small Atlantic but it didn't trip the release so I don't know where we caught it. Black and red spoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Are you going out tonight? I really look forward to your reports and I'm taking a disabled friend out in the morning. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Decided not to go out tonight. Spooled up a 5 color leadcore for tomorrow for the steelies and headed to Captain Jacks for grub!

Well I can't seem to get my depthraider working. Indecisive is going to let me borrow his probe to see if his will work on mine to rule out connection issues.

Surface temp is 55.5deg in 250fow. We marked bait 20-50ft mostly in 175fow. Haven't seen any hooks though.

Just got up to the lake for a four day weekend. Water level is VERY high! We have maybe 6" of dock showing, whereas we normally have 1.5ft and more during low levels.

I wish I had better news on fishing, bit SLOW is the word. I think the cold weather and east winds have slowed the warning of the lake and we are seeing the normal June transition now. It is supposed to be sunny and warm all weekend, so that should help.

With the wonderful forecast, the bats and lake will be swamped with newer boaters, some with a few drinks in them, so please be careful out there!

Also, if you haven't already signed up for the Sodus Pro Am, do it! It is a lot of fun. Unless you're scared to lose to a guy who uses pink poles...

You ever find out when the deadline is? I wanted to sign up tonight but no way ill make it to Krenzers before they close. 

Lake is flat as glass. Lots of bait and hooks 50-60 down.

Depthraider is driving me nuts. Retaped it and now it works to 25ft then cuts out. I can't tell if the probe isnt putting out a strong enough signal or if there's a bad connection somewhere. Might be time to start tossing parts at it. Perhaps try a new coax cable straight from the rigger to the box above ground to verify that first?

Check your connection from the antenna cable and the cable to the display. I actually have to have it disconnected and touching the side to get mine to work. strange situation but it works. have to zip tie it to hold it there and then tape it. found it out while playing with it and when I put the connection in one hand my dad was yelling up front "thats good" looked in my hand to see how it was sitting.

Richard, that seems to be working somewhat. I taped it in place and every minute or so it gives me a reading, better than nothing at this point. I am guessing my antenna cable connection is going bad and the ground is crossing.