Hemlock report

Friday night and Saturday night ran to hemlock 1 small laker that didn't trip release and 5 bass between the two nights off downriggers. Any one else been catching bass 30-40 feet down? Where's the bows at

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Oh yeah lots of bass while trolling. They're taking spoons just as much as sticks. Got this one in front of your cliff spot I always see you at. Umbrella rig on a downrigger with a 6 inch rapala trailing the umbrella.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-157099-14373266811361_thumb.jpg

You may just want to start at the south half right off the bat. Never had any real rainbow luck down there, but the Lakers are abundant and massive. And don't be afraid to go big, 95% of my spoons are over 3 7/8".

Oh and by the way, I think all of my rainbows this year have been off sticks on dipsys. I know it just seems weird and looks funny when they're trolled fast, but it just works. Even dark color.

Thanks buddy! Just got some dipsys diver I'm gonna give a try during the week.went over to the lake yesterday morning 4 Lakers and 1 nice bow 50 feet down.heading over tomorrow night good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-158257-14378766238196_thumb.jpg

Umbrella rig on a downrigger with a 6 inch rapala trailing the umbrella.

Have always been curious about running a setup like that. Does well on the lake trout I imagine?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I'd imagine it works with all species. Haven't ran them that much, just started a while ago. I like taking any help I can get. It's pretty flashy. Perhaps use large sticks for bass and use small spoons for trout. I've wanted to run it behind a dipsy but wouldn't be too easy to net on a 16 foot vessel with 2 leaders involved.