Seneca 7/21

Launched st Severne at 3:00 and fished until 7:00. Only had one bite but it was a good one. Deeper Diver 124 90' out on a 2.5 setting with a FLT green alpha ale wife at 2.25 SOG. The dipsey went off and I told my father in law to grab it since he hasn't fished this year yet. This is what he ended up with. 33" 14.6lb LL.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-157858-14375818678068_thumb.jpg

Beautiful rainbow Jim :yes: Here is a classic landlock that my buddy John H. caught this winter....look closely and you see the differences (I didn't get his permission to use the photo but I don't think he'd mind) Note the spotting on the body the size and shape of the head and tail etc.

post-145411-0-63211500-1437586373_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Pretty fortunate to get that good one. Didn't do much otherwise. Even today was way slow. One small laker so far. Still out up by roys but nothing doing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wall hanger!! Nice! Love that lure!!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The blue and green Alewifes work awesome! ! Always have at least one in the water... I believe Overacker has a whole entire collection of them..

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What a GREAT bow !!!!!!

these pics show the difference pretty good 

My granddaughter with a nice landlock ,

post-139487-0-26908300-1437609008_thumb.jpg

then she lands this rainbow

post-139487-0-49846300-1437609067_thumb.jpg

she had a great day ( 2011 ) I had the bow mounted for her

10# 3oz

post-139487-0-79995800-1437609265_thumb.jpg

Those are great examples Mike :yes: Better hope Joe doesn't charge you for royalties on the pic :lol:

Edited by Sk8man

Lol you guys and your Finger Lakes Tackle Alewifes. . They do get the job done tho.. Finger Lakes Tackle spoons have out performed everything else I have try ed this year hands down!! If you don't have some you definitely no questions asked need to get some!!

Mike

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Iron Duke

Beautiful rainbow Jim :yes: Here is a classic landlock that my buddy John H. caught this winter....look closely and you see the differences (I didn't get his permission to use the photo but I don't think he'd mind) Note the spotting on the body the size and shape of the head and tail etc.

No need for permission Les :)

Easiest comparison is tail.

Fork - LL like catfish

no split- bow like a bullhead

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The fork isn't true, not all the salmon get the very defiant fork in that tail. It's a key but not true, it will all come down to the general appearance and if anyone disputes it just go to the jaw bone and inner mouth...

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The more common "mix up" is between young browns and landlocks at first glance. Sometimes even the derby staff get them mixed up :)

Edited by Sk8man