motor size

bigfishnh

I would go with a kicker for 2 reasons. One it is better on fuel. I have a 10 hp on a 23' boat and troll all day using minimal fuel. The second reason is it gives you a second motor, it maybe slow but it will get you in if the main engine has problems. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

What these guys are saying about a kicker is the ABSOLUTE truth. My kicker saved my a$$ this spring. Left the Black River from the camp ran down to Chaumont bay trolled with kicker for 3 hrs bagged 1 nice eye, was going over to Galloo Island got about half way when the lower unit went bad, no forward no reverse, so dropped kicker back in the lake and at 3mph and 2 1/2-3hrs later we saw a man cutting his yard and he had a dock, he noticed we were broke down and motioned to us to come in to his dock. Long story short is he was the most generous man, he took us back to camp took our trailer with him and had my boat loaded and up to the blacktop waiting for us to get there, I drove like a nut to get back to his house,so to this day I don't know how he did all that in 15 minutes???? Like stated above don't leave the dock if your a big water troller. You just never know!!!!