Water not draining

Jdavis

Hi everyone- I own a 1999 Alumacraft 165 Magnum. The floor has two drains, one in each side in the back. I noticed recently that rain water, or water from my kids climbing into the boat is sitting under those drains and is not making its way down to my bilge and the plug. I pulled up some floor and noticed that the styrofoam under the floor was worn away under one drain. I am wondering if that could be plugging a drain down to the bilge area. Anybody have any experience with this? I have to believe that rain water is supposed to make its way to the bilge...

Hi everyone- I own a 1999 Alumacraft 165 Magnum. The floor has two drains, one in each side in the back. I noticed recently that rain water, or water from my kids climbing into the boat is sitting under those drains and is not making its way down to my bilge and the plug. I pulled up some floor and noticed that the styrofoam under the floor was worn away under one drain. I am wondering if that could be plugging a drain down to the bilge area. Anybody have any experience with this? I have to believe that rain water is supposed to make its way to the bilge...

Have you tryed raising the bow up if its on a trailer to see if the water moves to the bilge?

Did you contact Alumacraft to see what they say. The back end of those boats is foamed in pretty tight. Try lowering the front end and see if the water flows to the center than when you raise the front it flows out under the gas tank. I noticed this in my 04 but if I trailer a couple of miles with the plug out it's gone. Water going down those drains has no direct route to the back of the boat because of the foam. I was not impressed when I first saw this.