New York State Exposed: Worsening condition of the Lake Ontario State Parkway

I saw this post on the LO Tweets page from Capt. Jeremy and thought it worth repeating and creating a topic about to bring more attention to it.   Anyone who has used the parkway in recent years knows how bad it is.  Here is the link and video to a good story done by News 10 about it. 

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s3868671.shtml

If you want to let the state DOT know how you feel about the parkway, you can contact their Albany office at 518-457-6195; you can also contact them here:

http://www.dot.ny.gov/main/feedback-form

Drive safe!

Thanks for posting this. It's unreal that 10 mile stretch. I was doing 30 with the boat and thought the trailer was going to pop off. I just won't use it any more and I have noticed no one else on it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

yea, i live n kendall on rt 18. friday an sunday its camper after camper with a few boats mixed in. isnt that what the pkwy for?? i towed my boat one time down the parkway an never again. i drive it daily, what a joke. my kids enjoy it since its like whoops on a motocross track. u go to henrietta an ther fixin roads that are much,much better that the pkwy. well it new york state, what a mess this states in. i worry about my childrens future in this state.

Filled out the form on the link provided, thanks Chad for the update.  Think they could keep the whole parkway open all winter and not shut down 3 miles of it to save on plowing.  

A lot of state park roads are neglected by the administration. I believe they are keeping the public out on purpose. This way the only people in the parks are employees and they are enjoying their private fiefdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 1 month later...

Welcome to Orleans County. All comes down to dollars & cents. Remember guys, we are the highest taxed state in the nation. And Orleans county a few years back had the HIGHEST property tax rates in the NATION.

Yet another reason for a 51st state.

Edited by Has Been

All that money for the Parkway may have gone to our very own "Tunnel to Nowhere" just north of Rochester Airport right along the 390. Nobody ever uses that example of politicians being in bed with local developers and yet,the lights shine in there every day. I would be amazed if even fifty cars go through there in a week!

The same group of people who stole your money for that tunnel are stealing the money that should go to repairing the Parkway and they are using it to give each other plum jobs like for instance "commisioner of the Water authority" or give it to their developer patrons so they can create other boondoggles like "Renaissance Squaire" or another throughway exit in Chili or of course "The Fast Fairy(ferry)"  They don't live in New york City. They are right here in Upstate.

The only time you have a bit of a chance to change things is during election time. Remember,politicians are like diapers.They need to be changed often and before they start smelling bad.

Thanks for reading my rant, I feel better now.

Edited by rolmops