Hemlock 8/8/15

Hey Dave I wonder what the temp is at that depth pretty strange this time of year to be up there. Good to see you're getting into them :)

Hemlock is cold Les. Don't need to troll real deep why the little boats do well in there.

There was a guy there Friday night I was Bass fishing said the big Lakers were stuck to the bottom though and deep so who kbows. I was Bass fishing did well on minnow rigs in 10fow left the droid in the truck..dah no pics.

Chris

Les I thought it was strange too. I was fishing up there hoping for bows but kept pulling in lakers. They didn't seem to care much about speed ( I was getting hits anywhere from 2.0 - 3.2) as long as it was blue. The biggest One of the day (picture) actually hit at 28 ft down. Did manage one small bow on an alewife imitation 28 ft down as well. I will also mention that when it was nice and sunny in the morning we couldn't manage anything, but as soon as the sun went away we started getting the lakers

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

post-150397-14391466389347_thumb.jpg

Edited by WoodyBoater

Hop

Yeah that's a 1958 Lark. I rebuilt the entire thing in my basement in college and it runs like a top (which is surprising considering how many barley pops I was consuming back then).

The boat is a 1957 Whirlwind made in Cockeysville Maryland. It was rebuild by my grandpa, my dad and myself and its a great little boat. Ive had a lot of fun times in that thing

Heres a few pictures. One pre rebuild and one mid rebuild and a couple in the water.post-150397-0-00560300-1439208060_thumb.jpgpost-150397-0-22796000-1439208165_thumb.jpgpost-150397-0-95076900-1439208724_thumb.jpgpost-150397-0-86277500-1439208742_thumb.jpg

Very cool Dave. :yes:  I do remember abut Hemlock being cold Chris although I haven't fished it in a longtime....probably the influence of being spring fed?

I took out the original rear seat back ( I still have it) and replaced it with just a big oak plank. I just screwed PVC tubes to that board for rod holders. I built a platform for the riggers that are both mounted to that same board so that I didn't have to drill any holes in the boat to mount the gear

Woodyboater,

I was the light blue boat with gold bigjons on the back, I launched just before you guys. I stayed on the east side all morning and did pretty well on the rainbows and some lakers mixed in. Ran 5 color lead core with a blue/chrome R&R for the bows. Seemed to do the trick. Lakers came on the riggers.

Great looking boat!

Steve

Steve,

Glad to hear you had some success as well. We had a tough time getting started and I had DW Blue Dolphins in the water all day. (I don't think we boated a fish until almost 11). Did you get into fish right away? How deep were your riggers?

I just started fishing hemlock and im really happy to have run across it. Its relieving to be on a nice quiet lake that's not busy and bumpy and produces fish.

Edited by WoodyBoater

Dave,

What time were you on the water Saturday?  I think I saw you guys...  I am the other guy rockin' wood out there - I have a little Blue Drift Boat -  My buddy and I went from about 5:45am - 10:30am -  I wrote up a report on it in this forum,  titled "Rainbows & Lakers", or "Lakers & Rainbows" - haha, I don't remember the order,

Matt B

Matt

We were on the water at about 6:45 and left at probly 2:00. I saw your post and that was a beautiful bow you guyes pulled. I just couldn't get dialed in right away for some reason. Not sure what we were doing wrong. Sometimes that's just the way it crumbles haha. Ill be at Oneida this weekend but im hoping to make another hemlock run again soon