Seneca 8/8

Hit the water 6:30 out of the Chamber. Set out jigging that morning. Fish were slow until about 7 am. Caught one Laker which felt like a big stick coming in... let that one go because lack of fight. Had two more grabs then one nice laker about 6 to 7 lbs. Nothing huge. But a nice fight from that one and beautiful color on it. Shook its head, hook come out, fish danced a little more till he figured "I'm free" and disappeared to the deep...

Fish were in 70 to 125 FOW. Bite lasted for about 30 mins. Maybe I floated off the fish, it clouded up, temperature changed... stayed out till 10. Headed back I'm to get some work around the house done. Tried later that night but it was to rough.

Anyone catch trout in the evening this time of the year?

Nick you can jig them but in the very deep water you have to either have a world class anchor line length :lol:  or else perfectly flat water conditions to be able to stay with the fish OR have an electric motor device to "hover" during flat water conditions. The concept is similar to ice fishing for suspended fish (without the ice or surface movement). Certainly not the easiest way to fish for them :)

Edited by Sk8man

I use front mount troller on calm days, days with chop I put the rear mounted down. Both have uses, sometimes I just run the motor in the back and let the other guy have the bow.

I'll try out deeper. Saw lots of bait in 45 to 50 fow. Fish on them but water temp was 73° at surface, fish were above the bait. I need to get a water probe but I had a couple costly repairs. Winter is also coming. Never know how that's going to go in the Tree business.

Mike