You don't always have to catch a BIG fish to have fun

I took a set of identical twins from Rochester out on Canandaigua today for their first time  in a boat or fishing  for that matter. It was one of the slowest days I've ever had but they ate it up and had a great time despite the slow action..... and they didn't give up on me. We ran 3 downriggers 2 of them with sliders and one with a 1 core secret weapon rig and two lead cores (5 and 10 color) and 2 coppers (250 and 275) a wire dipsey rig and trolled from 7 AM until 2 PM with one small rainbow that spit the hook right when we reached the leader on the 275 copper and jumped (so we at least got a look) and one 3 lb laker on the wire rig/green spinney and fly. I think the pics tell a better story though....as I said ....the fish doesn't always have to be big to be fun :lol: I also had a fun mess of two leadcores that came together....nice practice with the knife I guess :)

post-145411-0-17463000-1440191453_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-50190600-1440191475_thumb.jpg

post-145411-0-83781000-1440191594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

Way to go les! I love taking rookies!! I think sometimes it's better when their first time out is a little slow... Doesn't set the bar so high for next time...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks guys.....still kinda whipped today though....I had to wear a bunch of hats yesterday and running 8 lines  and helping with steering "corrections" (no autopilot) and ....oh yes I forgot to mention the largest weed  pod I've ever seen just after the lines were set :lol:  I think steering the boat was the highest on their list......or it could been all the snacks :)

HI Mark,

I have an inflatable but never wear it.... still in the package. I fish a lot in the crap weather and one of my buddies inflatable actually inflated in the rain so I said screw it.  I have two of the Cabela's type wearables and they are indeed very comfy and well worth having in my opinion. I have a lot of conventional ones on board too but only wear these because they don't restrict movement.

HI Mark,

I have an inflatable but never wear it.... still in the package. I fish a lot in the crap weather and one of my buddies inflatable actually inflated in the rain so I said screw it. I have two of the Cabela's type wearables and they are indeed very comfy and well worth having in my opinion. I have a lot of conventional ones on board too but only wear these because they don't restrict movement.

Thanks Les for the review! Rain inflation can't be good for ya! I'll look at those you have next time to bellas. Long as they can float giants!:unsure:

post-140268-1440301278316_thumb.jpg

Hank is standing next to me telling Bob "Ya know...i think there's something heavy on my left foot..."

Yeah the giant guy next to him set his new Bass Pro battery down right on his foot...what an oaf!:rolleyes::blink:

Edited by skipper19

So that was when a bunch of LOU guys met at Bass Pro a while back? Sorry I missed that one....good thing the roof was high Mark :lol:

So that was when a bunch of LOU guys met at Bass Pro a while back? Sorry I missed that one....good thing the roof was high Mark :lol:

Yes! Wish we still did it! Was a good time for all. Now if we could get Hank to leave us some chocolate pudding at the buffet...:rolleyes::D:P