Cayuga 8/23

Hit the water out of Sheldrake around 7:00. Plenty cloud cover, little bit of chop, and of course a fish finder that doesn't want to work at first. Adds to the excitement of getting set up.

Headed south 350 fow running dipsy on braid 175 on 3 #1 with Jensen paddle with sliver purple stinger. Picked up nice LL and then minutes later 3 to 4 lbs Laker on Sd and Atomic fly. As I let him go, wham, there goes the stinger again. Fish peeled 100 ft of line and about 50 ft of backing before started to crank down... half way in... shook his head a Bunch... gone... after that no more strikes after 8:30. One good run by the plant.

Packed it up and head in at 11. Rods where quite till then.

Little to no fleas and weeds. Good day to have the rods in and cover some water

Mike

Nice report, I launched at Deans cove around 8am . Shot straight across the lake to Long pt and set up,  headed north.In about 120 FOW. Caught some fish but cleaned weeds the whole way.The weeds were so bad you never really knew when you put your lures down if they were weeded up or not.There were islands of weeds.Turned around and headed back across the lake. Had a steady pick of quality fish back across the lake and up the shore to deans cove. Leadcore rods with suttons and apexs caught small landlocks.Rigger rods with cowbells and peanuts took a few fish. The spoon rods off the riggers I probably should have left in the cuddy. Star of the day were the wire rods , set out 240 / 3 pulling paddles and spin n glows.  The guys I was with wanted to keep fish kept 7 lakers 7 to 11 lbs. Off the lake at 1:00.

Nice. I didn't catch anything over by LP last weekend. Maybe it was the weekend before. Picked one up out in front of Dean's cove. Maybe the west side is picking up or more out in the deeper water. Fish finder randomly started working after I caught the fish today. Need to move some wires around and check some connections.

Looking forward to trying Seneca out this week with some planner boards and lead core and copper.