Seneca 8/23 north end

Started blind out of the chamber this morning. Dad and i and Took my nephew and his friend . Started at bellhurst headed south 120 fow with a decent screen. One kid had never caught a are out so he was first to bat. Four rigger rods and two dipsies to start. First fish on 225 dipsy 2.5 average laker came I bottomed half way after alot of "slack" lol. Green gator reel hooked fly and that would be hot combo for the day . The boys Fought all the fish today going 3/8 lakers . Four pound a 7-8 ish and a slob female I guessed at 11-12 (34 ") was landed on the 260' dipsy to end the day ...both boys taking turns and they were whipped . Quick pick and released. Hooked another solid drag screamer that felt bigger when i took out of the holder came unbuttoned when they were both trying to fight it. Great time . One got his first two trout and is already begging to go back ! Green gator /reel hooked combo blue dolphin /turd cutter combo and white green dot /pickle kisser all took shots. No spoon hits . Back to the big pond for a few more weeks

We got a late start Sunday, was prepared to go out of Hughes but Les said the reports where dismal, he also said Kevin was trying Seneca so I gave him a call and decided to stay closer to home - it was the right plan! we hit the water and passed Kevin as he was coming in. We started south of Belhurst and got into fish immediately. We ran dipsy / spin doctor / flies off each side and pulled a pai of Seth rigs. I've never expierenced so many grabs on flies in my life, many yanked it a couple times and never hooked up or even tripped them. The ones that got the hook in fought like crazy, even lost a fly and paddle to a good one. As the flies slowed down the rigs took over with steady hits. They finally slowed down but the picture on the screen said they where still active, finally picked up our speed a bit and the bites started right back - we  knocked off around 5. Caught lakers from 12" to close to 12 lbs, all went back to fight again.

Bob

Want Ontario bad but haven't seen a decent report yet and crowds just keep me tense. So Saturday we had the morning to fish and decided to save gas and fish longer on Seneca. Launched at the chamber and headed south. Started in 170' coming back with the stiff south wind, got to 150 and started marking fish. We caught fish all morning on rigs, dipsys and one downrigger - downrigger out 100' - 105' was hot but they would just swim with it, had to trip it and they where usually there, only  got a wiggle on the rod about half the time. They didn't fight as agressively as the previous weekend but they wanted to stay deep. We don't remember how many we got to the boat, around 10 and lost atleast another 8. Back at the dock by 1.

Enjoy,

Bob

Fished Sampson yesterday Bob. Was going to head up to big lake but my 6yr old daughter asked to go to the "camping lake" to have a boat ride before school starts...couldn't say no to that lol.  Lake O reports being still 300-500fow didn't want to head all the way out there to have her get bored in an hour . Got 45 min in by the barge, decent 3-4lb  rainbow on a 180' dipsy green crush board /tournament uv fly while setting up that was dropped behind the boat and a 7lb laker  70' rigger Kayla started to reel while sitting on my lap then said "you better take this one daddy" lol  then rode around a while bc she wanted to go "fast" bc the fish were too big she said :lol:

Cool reports guys. I'm sitting here at the St. Regis in DC and feeling a strong urge to be fishing and you guys don't help supressing it :lol:  Hoping to get out someplace tomorrow AM depending on weather there. Glad Seneca offers good option now.