Is Friday Looking "OK" for a 20' Boat

2 weeks ago I picked up a new 20' wooden, Carolina Dory Skiff, with a 25HP Outboard - I'm looking to head out either Friday or Saturday - out of I-Bay to 100' or so.  Saturday looks perfect so it will probably be the day...

Friday's forecast is for winds 10-15 NE with 1-3' waves.  Anybody with experience know how a boat like mine might handle out there?  Is it worth it, or just wait til Saturday?  Friday is unfortunately the better day for me schedule wise!

Edited by FLXTrolling

Good deal! I thought so .... Saturday it is - cleared it with the wife, and ready to roll!

Are you going to drop the boat on the public launch on the north side of the bay?  From there, other than going to 100 FOW, are you going to look for anything in particular or just get to that depth and troll?

Are you going to drop the boat on the public launch on the north side of the bay?  From there, other than going to 100 FOW, are you going to look for anything in particular or just get to that depth and troll?

Well ideally there will be something on the screen, however, with a 20' boat and 25HP I have some limitations, and  I'm probably not venturing out to the 350' - 500' range.  100' seems like a reasonable starting point - unless I find good marks shallower - also seems reasonable to assume there could be a good mix of fish around that depth this time of year.  I could be way off, but I'm just trying to make the most of what I have to work with....

I'm trolling - with 3 guys I have an 8 rod spread - figure i'll look for marks and try to cover 30' down to 80' or so in 100' or less with a combination of FFs, Plugs and spoons....  Spread has Leadcore off boards, Slide Divers and Down Riggers...

Do yourself a big favor, take the time to travel west 20 minutes and launch from a free state launch. Sandy creek will not disappoint you at all and if your looking for 100' you'll find it out about 1 mile. 8 for 11 on weds. AM on SD/fly combo

Just my 2 cents. Ibay would be 15 min. From my house but I almost always drive to Braddock's or Sandy Creek in Hilton

Sent from my XT1254 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I would also do the same and Irondequoit is home for me. The fishing hasn't been great but day to day is hit and miss. Saturday I did 13 for 20 all kings and Sunday we did 1 for 3 on the same track and then out to 560 looking. Sandy is is a better choice IMO

Thanks for the input! I may try to get out Saturday/Sunday as both days look great. IBay launch is about 5 mins from my house, so for my first trip I'll probably try that.

Sunday, if I can get out, I will heed your advice!

This is just the beginning for me on the big lake...