browns on Seneca

So I've been pan fishing and seeing them come up to the top hard and fast so I decided to go after them with bords and rigger set up at 5 and 10 sticks and spoons all different speeds 30-65 fow and no takers and i was talking with a guy who lives in this spot and fishes a lot he told me he sees it all fall and they just will not hit just wondering what you guy think

My hunch is you are seeing  fish that are getting ready for the spawning ritual  near where you live :)  They come in there a little later on and some are huge but they will only hit out off aggression or to move something out of their "nest" or "territory". Years ago my son and I  discovered them and limited out on them while fishing for perch with spikes and 4 lb test line on ultralights and had a ball (many snap offs too as most were in the 6-10 lb range). Some others actually snagged themselves while attacking the "intruder" and had to be released. They wouldn't respond to the casting of spoons or sticks at all but placing the perch setup near them triggered hits for whatever reason.

:lol: :lol:  I'm always torn at this time of the year Mike between the trout/salmon and the jumbo perch Should be any time now bud.

Edited by Sk8man

I saw you perching Sunday I believe.

Fishing stunk. Lol. The browns like Les said are usually an aggression bite prior to spawin soon. :) if you want, go with the super light leader and long leads especially if the waters that clear.

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app