Lund Boat Raffle/Tournament

Fbog12

Hey Fellow Fishermen - we are toying with the idea of putting together a Lund boat raffle/fishing tournament for next year on Canandaigua Lake.  Along with the usual payouts, your entry fee would get you entered into a raffle for a new Lund Tyee 186 GL with a 150 HP Mercury 4 stroke engine and trailer (MSRP ~ $50,000).  Entry fee would be $500 per person.  We are thinking a multi-species tournament. Winning a category gives you additional entries into the raffle.

So it's basically a raffle for a boat as well as a fishing tournament and you can increase your chances by winning the tournament.  We'd just like your thoughts on this to gauge interest.

Is this a tournament/raffle that you'd be interested in?

Should we cap the number of entrants?

Is fee too high/low?

When is the best time of year?

Any input or suggestions?  Great idea?  Terrible idea?

Edited by Fbog12

Instead of finding fault with things why not instead put a little more thought into offering constructive ideas on this....Ted is asking for feedback so  just saying " it is a terrible idea" isn't really fair to him or the process or very helpful for that matter.. I think it is a good idea to have something like that but timing will be important as far as fishing it and attracting more people. For many folks who don't yet have a boat or one that they feel is the one they truly want maybe trying to expand the number of participants and lowering the cost to say $200  per person might be fruitful  as contrasted with limiting the number of participants but I realize it also changes the probabilities ratio too.. Also avoiding conflicts like the National Lake Trout Derby on Seneca and the Canandaigua Derby usually held a week or so after or perhaps run it right along with the Canandaigua Derby  as a separate entity  but taking advantage of the number of boats and people fishing that one and there already who might want to do both at the same time. Boat traffic could be a consideration though. Another possible factor influencing things is the onset of fleas....I think you'd want to have it prior to when they start to get bad  or a Fall Derby perhaps before folks start putting away their boats. If they know far enough in advance the details of the derby they could figure out their own time to put away their boat as well as for some folks provide some time to save up the entrance fee. That is a heck of a boat  to take a chance on but some folks might have difficulty coming up with the entry fee set at $500 per person. I'm just thinking out loud here and haven't had much time to carefully think it through but that is my initial response.                          

the entry fee is a touch high but for a chance at that boat i would consider it.  i say have it in the fall after labor day there are no other tournys to conflict with and rec boater traffic is down.  maybe a team style box tournement?  you could do lunker divisions for different species that way a team can split the entry fee?  might be harder to get enough teams that way vs individual entry.  

Make a season of fishing where each Fishermen wins points based on place in each division. Break it down by species, (Pike, Bass, Trout,Perch) then by points (1st 20pts 2nd 17 pts 3rd 12pts 4th 7 pts). End of the fishing year add them all up, 1st takes the boat and have couple other prizes, (Duck blind, rod package, Saftey kit).

I'd rather pay $500 for a whole season tourney then a weekend.

Bandrus, its impossible to get an observer...for the FLX.. Honestly its the main reason I dropped future planning of the seneca shootout...

I'd like to bring it back but everyone complained because they fish different ports. That's why we made it a one time shot gun start from the same location. I would like to actually organize this for next summer out of Sampson state park and possibly use proceeds to the marina as a fundraiser. Nys wants to shut the marina down there...

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Why does it have to be a Lund someone getting a deal? Your talking loc money for a new derby on a smaller lake.if you can get 100 people to contribute on Lou great but your going to need almost every local on here that fishes the fingers to make this work.maybe you should start a new post for people who would fish it and ask a monitor to pin it to see if we can even get close to the people needed.